With promises of challenging rock hills and world-class ski slopes, the town of Telluride, Colorado, lures thousands of vacationers every year. Don’t be surprised, though, since those very snow-capped slopes captivated you to plan a vacation in Telluride yourself.
Be it the photogenic ski resort or the picturesque hiking paths such as the Jud Wiebe Trail, a picture-perfect vacation is almost guaranteed—once you get hold of the perfect Telluride vacation insurance plan, that is. Then, off you go into the mountains of gold-like Telluride! Buy
visitors medical insurance or
to safeguard your trip to Telluride from unforeseen mishaps.
Telluride's Most Popular Places for Travel
Telluride's charm has brought you here. Now, what all is there for you to explore?
Well, don't get confused. Here's a list of just a few places where you can have a great time in Telluride:
- Telluride Ski Resort: When you tell your friends you're off to Telluride, they'll automatically assume you're going to the famous Telluride Ski Resort. Nestled amid the San Juan Mountains, the ski resort's 148 trails offer multiple possibilities to skiers.
- Town Park: The town offers no shortage of unique excursions—worthy places, even if you're not a skier. Town Park is located in the southeast part of Telluride, and it's the biggest hit among families with young children. Picturesque picnic spots, swimming pools, campgrounds, and scenic fishing ponds are always packed with families and couples.
- Telluride Historical Museum: The town's not all about adventure. There's a rich history of the town's gold-mining days embedded in the Telluride Historical Museum. It's a vast museum, housed in the area of Telluride's old hospital. If you're a history buff, don't forget to visit the museum. As a bonus, the museum has plenty to quell your curiosity about the Ute Native American tribes, too.
- Ophir Pass: It's just 15 miles (about 24 kilometers) southeast of the town, but Ophir Pass is also a must-visit destination, especially for off-roading. Rent a bike, put on your helmet, and zoom off to Ophir Pass. It’s very much advisable for you to plan this bike-riding excursion to Ophir in the spring, once the snow has melted.
- San Juan Skyway: What goes around comes around. Here we are, back to the slopes. San Juan Skyway is another recreational spot in Telluride that's perfect for medium-level skiers. Fondly known as the "Road to the Sky", San Juan Skyway is prominent for its "archaeological, cultural, historic, natural, recreational and scenic qualities".
Key Guidelines for Travelers in Telluride
While travelling in Telluride, especially during summers, there are a couple of things you must keep in mind.
If you're worried about lodgings, don't be. Telluride's Mountain Village will be your home during your stay. The place has the best accommodations for those seeking the unmapped. While exotic locations like this propagate calm and soothing environments, there's always a chance of pickpockets or purse-snatchers sniffing around. Colorado's government suggests tourists in Telluride keep an eye on their surroundings at all times.
Telluride's gondola rides are not to miss at any cost. It's advised that you hop on a gondola to ride from Telluride to Mountain Village via San Sophia Station. On the way, make sure to catch up on the town's best food at Allred's. For gondola rides, carry your safety essentials and all your courage.
For ice skating, skiing, and all other snow-related activities, make sure you have your thick jackets wrapped around you. Peek at the sparkling stars above as you lace up your skates and spin on the ice rink around the Mountain Village. Be careful on your skates, though; you don't want to be injured amid snowy mountains.
Not to scare you, but the common cold and flu are quite common in Telluride. Having travel medical insurance coverage in Telluride for even this simple ailment could come handy in testing times.
Visitors Medical Insurance for Travelers to Telluride - FAQs
You’re skiing down the slopes of Telluride when you take a nasty fall and sprain your ankle. Doesn't sound good, right? Plus, now you have to go to the hospital and spend additional cash, on top of what you’ve already spent on your ski trip to Telluride. Well, here's something that'll help you combat these kinds of situations.
Why buy visitors medical insurance before travelling to Telluride?
For a simple reason, you don't want to spend your trip savings on unforeseen medical emergencies. A Telluride visitors insurance plan can save you time and money on your and your family's medical issues. Visitors medical insurance secures you like a parachute. It allows you to seek proper treatment for medical emergencies that may occur on your trip without extracting all your money.
What should I look for in my Telluride visitors medical insurance?
A typical Telluride visitors medical insurance policy should provide coverage for the following:
Emergency medical expenses
PPO Network participation
Acute onset of pre-existing conditions
Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation
Return of mortal remains
If you visit a private medical facility, it could cost your entire travel budget. So, why not buy visitors medical insurance and cover yourself in advance against medical mishaps?
Trip Cancellation Insurance for Travelers in Telluride - FAQs
Trip cancellation insurance can significantly reduce the financial consequences of a cancelled trip. Even if an emergency or urgent call from home cancels or interrupts your trip, the only thing that you'll lose will be your vibe, depending on the plan you purchase. It isn't nice, but it doesn't cost you as much. There's always a next time.
Why should I get trip cancellation insurance for my Telluride travel?
In an unfortunate event of trip cancellation, you should have something that could get your prepaid expenses covered. That's where a trip cancellation insurance plan will come in. Trip cancellation insurance can reimburse the pre-paid, non-refundable trip expenses you put down if you have to cancel for a reason explicitly listed in your policy. Be sure to review the certificate wording before purchase so you know what is and isn’t covered.
What should I look for in my Telluride trip cancellation insurance?
Most standard trip cancellation plans cover the most common reasons for trip cancellation. These can include cancelled or delayed flights; if you, a travel companion, or a member of your immediate family falls ill or dies; a work emergency; getting called for jury duty; and more.
Book your favorite hotel or flight, and breathe easier about the possibility of cancellations with travel insurance. Do check what all is covered in your Telluride travel insurance plan before purchase to ensure the perfect coverage for you and your trip.
Before You Travel to Telluride, Do These
Here are some things to do before planning your trip to Telluride, apart from getting a suitable Telluride travel insurance for tourists:
Plan a summer trip: If you are a professional skier, then maybe winters would suit you best. But, for the rest of you, a summer trip to Telluride would be best. It's pleasant during the daytime and cold and cozy during the nights.
Pack your gear and skates: Telluride is all about outdoor activities. If you're a peace-seeker, head towards the Mountain Village. But the adventure seekers can pack their activity gear and ice-skates for the best experience. Though, you can also rent these here.
Book your Lodging Before Leaving: Just like yourself, people know that Mountain Village is the best place to stay. Therefore, it's advised that you book your lodgings as early as possible.
A final reiteration: Buy Telluride travel insurance coverage before you leave. Enter some basic trip information, compare your options, and select the plan that best meets the needs of your itinerary, your destination, and your budget. Secure your travel before you leave, and have an enjoyable vacation.