Head to Bangalore this vacation to truly experience the pulse of India. Bangalore will leave you enthralled with its balance of nature, culture, adventure, and cuisine. Bangalore is a large city with kind-hearted people. Any visitor traveling to Bangalore will testify that it has something for everyone to enjoy.
Before you head off to enjoy Bangalore, be sure to buy
travel insurance or
travel medical insurance
as a safeguard against any unforeseen accidents, injuries, or illnesses that you might encounter.
Things to Do for Travelers in Bangalore
These are the top five things you simply cannot miss on a trip to Bangalore.
- Chill at Cubbon Park: Cubbon Park is a little oasis of greenery in the heart of the city and is a hit with locals and visitors alike. It is a lush green with trees throughout the year and plays host to exciting events most weeks. Enjoy a little picnic with your family, or attend an open-air concert here. Cubbon Park is a must-visit destination.
- Shop to your heart's content at MG Road: MG Road is the destination for all of your shopping desires. Explore a mind-blowing range of clothes, decorative items, traditional souvenirs, and specialty products at MG Road's numerous shops. You can also grab a bite to eat at one of the hundreds of cafes, restaurants, and bars that are just a stone's throw away.
- Gokarna Beach camping trip: Gokarna Beach is one of those fascinating places that has somehow escaped a lot of tourist activity. You can go for long walks on its sandy shore, camp out on the beach, or explore little shanties along the coastline. You will have the time of your life here.
- Trek to Nandi Hills: This hilly getaway is just an hour's drive from the city. Catch the sunset from the top of the hills after a challenging trek - can anything be more satisfying? Nandi Hills will bring out the adventurer in you.
- Enjoy the natural beauty of Bannerghatta National Park: Do you enjoy seeing nature in its purest, wildest form? Then a trip to Bannerghatta National Park will give you an opportunity like no other. Not only can you go on safaris through the vast forests and chance upon deer, elephants, and the occasional tiger, but you will also find the park teeming with its world-famous rare butterfly species.
Travel Risks for International Travelers in Bangalore
Keep these points squarely in mind while planning your trip to Bangalore.
- Weather conditions: Bangalore typically has a moderate climate due to its high elevation. However, summers can get quite hot and humid. Always stay well hydrated to beat the heat.
- Water and food risks: Note that you should not drink the tap water directly. There are chances of contracting waterborne and foodborne diseases like diarrhea, cholera, and food poisoning. Always opt for bottled water during your stay in the city.
- Local vendors and shopping: Be wary of street shopkeepers trying to overcharge you for their goods. It is a good idea to scope the market to get a feel for the prices before buying an item. You might also find taxis and auto-drivers trying to rip you off on their fares.
- Getting around the city: Bangalore is infamous around the world for its traffic congestion. Always leave sufficient buffer time for traffic jams when you plan to go out in the city. If you are driving, be mindful of the bad road conditions in some parts of the city. Alternatively, you can use the public transport system for a hassle-free commute around Bangalore.
- Pickpockets: As in any major metropolitan area, watch out for pickpockets and petty thieves while visiting tourist attractions that see the most footfall. Make sure to keep an eye on your personal belongings at all times when you are in a public place.
Bangalore Travel Medical Insurance for International Travelers - FAQs
Accidents and medical emergencies are unpredictable. But don't let the cost of care burn a hole in your pocket.
The simple solution? Travel medical insurance for Bangalore.
Do I need travel medical insurance for Bangalore?
You do not explicitly need a health insurance plan to visit the city. However, we cannot recommend getting a health insurance plan for Bangalore enough. Not only does it save you from excessive unforeseen expenses, but it also gives you and your fellow travelers peace of mind to truly enjoy the city. As a general rule, it's always recommended to have health insurance covering you during an international vacation.
Why buy travel medical insurance for Bangalore?
Opting for private healthcare during a medical emergency is a stressful and expensive process. How do you deal with exorbitant treatment costs upfront? Travel medical insurance can save you from the financial burden of using healthcare facilities in a foreign country. Make sure your plan offers coverage for emergency medical expenses, emergency medical evacuation, the return of mortal remains, accidental death & dismemberment, and more.
Make sure to buy travel medical insurance and enjoy a stress-free vacation in the beautiful city of Bangalore.
Bangalore Trip Cancellation Insurance for International Travelers - FAQs
Flight bookings, hotel reservations, concert tickets, and guided tours are so many bookings and plans involved in a vacation. What happens to all of those advance deposits if you have to cancel your vacation? You should have a safety net in place so your finances are not lost, and that safety net would be trip cancellation insurance.
Why buy trip cancellation insurance for Bangalore?
Trip cancellation insurance ensures that you could get reimbursed for the cost of your prepaid, non-refundable expenses, provided the reason for cancellation is approved under the plan. Be sure to review your plan's certificate wording before purchase for a full understanding of what situations would or wouldn't be eligible for coverage. Protect yourself from the financial risk of these unpredictable hassles with a trip cancellation insurance plan for Bangalore.
What all is covered under trip cancellation insurance for Bangalore?
Standard travel insurance plans include trip cancellation benefits for the common reasons to cancel a trip – the trip or event is canceled by the operating agency (agency, hotel, flight, event managers, etc.), you or a traveling companion falls sick, a work-related emergency causes you to have to miss the trip, and so on.
Buying a travel insurance plan for your Bangalore vacation is the easiest way to enjoy a relaxed and fun-filled holiday. Again, be sure to read the policy before purchase so that you know which reasons are covered.
Before You Travel to Bangalore - Do This
Pack according to the weather. Make sure that you are well-prepared to deal with the Bangalore heat in the summers.
Check to see if your country is exempt from the visa requirements to enter India.
Purchase adequate Bangalore-specific travel insurance for you and your fellow travelers to avoid large and unexpected expenses on your trip. Enter some basic trip information, review and compare your options, and pick the plan that best fits your own personal needs.