Nauru, one of the world’s smallest nations, is beckoning to you. The tiniest island nation in the world is spread over just eight square miles (almost 21 square kilometers).
Here are some amazing facts about Nauru:
- It is one of the fattest countries in the world. More than 71% of its local populace is considered obese.
- Nauru’s GDP is the second-lowest in the world at a humble $102 million.
- In the 1960s, it was one of the richest countries in the world.
There’s so much to do on this “Pleasant Island” that you’re sure to love every minute of your vacation. Be sure to buy
travel insurance or
travel medical insurance
before you leave for your vacation.
Things to Do for Travelers in Nauru
Nauru may be relatively less visited by international travelers, but this off-the-beaten-track destination has a lot to offer to tourists.
- Water, Water Everywhere: What is the point of going to Nauru and not indulging in adrenaline-inducing water sports? The coral reef surrounding Nauru is home to incredible marine life. You simply cannot leave the island without trying scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking, and swimming in the brilliant blue waters.
- Fishing Fun: Deep sea fishing is a fun activity for fishing enthusiasts. Try your luck at catching barracuda, marlin, skipjack, yellowfin tuna, and more in the beautiful Pacific Ocean.
- Shopping and more shopping: The little island of Nauru is a haven for shopaholics. Explore the tiny villages of Nauru to shop for:
- Handcrafted souvenirs
- Amazing artifacts
- Shell ornaments
- Rare stamps
- Fashionable cotton apparel
- Walking Excursion: A trip to Nauru is incomplete without a walking excursion to Command Ridge. Explore the abandoned guns and weapons that were used by the Japanese during the Second World War at the highest point on the island.
- Moqua Caves: The Moqua caves are a geological wonder that is a “must-see” for travelers. The beautiful caves and turquoise waters of the underground lake Moqua Well are the perfect locations for a lovely picnic lunch.
Travel Risks for International Travelers in Nauru
- Risk of water sports: Water sports are a fun activity in the coral reefs around Nauru. But international travelers need to consider the risk of meeting with accidents or injury while enjoying diving and water sports on the island. Always book a trusted agency service for all your water sports activities.
- Natural disasters: Weather conditions in Nauru can be unpredictable. The little island is prone to tropical thunderstorms, strong winds, heavy rainfall, and tidal surges. Bad weather can disrupt your travel plans to Nauru. In some extreme cases, being on the island during such bad weather can be dangerous.
- Contaminated Food & Water: Food and water quality on the island are often contaminated. Travelers are susceptible to diarrhea, stomach infections, hepatitis A, and typhoid.
- Health Risks: International travelers to Nauru also need to consider the threat of:
Medical infrastructure in the tropical paradise is limited. Major illnesses may require repatriation to Australia for better treatment.
- Dengue fever
- Road safety: There is no public transport on the island. Tourists use rental vehicles including bikes, cycles, and four-wheelers for zip-zapping around Nauru. Traffic on the island may often be unregulated. There are rickshaws, pedestrians, lorries, and animals sharing the same road as regular traffic. Accidents and crashes on the island are not uncommon.
Nauru Travel Medical Insurance for International Travelers – FAQs
An island like Nauru is a vacationer’s paradise. But falling ill or meeting with an accident on Nauru Island can be an ordeal. Medical facilities on Nauru island are very limited. Nauru travel medical insurance is your shield from financial damage occurring due to illness, hospitalization, medical evacuation, and repatriation.
Do I need travel medical insurance for Nauru?
There are several countries in the world where it is mandatory for foreign tourists to carry travel medical insurance. But Nauru doesn’t require international travelers to carry travel medical insurance during their trip to the islands.
Since Nauru is an isolated island with limited medical facilities, most foreigners visiting the island buy travel medical insurance for their trip to Nauru. Travel medical insurance protects against financial charges that may arise due to health problems during your stay in Nauru.
Why buy travel medical insurance for Nauru?
A vast majority of travelers flying to Nauru prefer to buy travel medical insurance for Nauru. Here’s why it’s highly advisable to buy travel medical insurance for your vacation to Nauru:
- There exists limited medical infrastructure in Nauru. Hospitals are few and do not possess modern medical technology. Patients need to be repatriated to either Australia or their home country if they require extensive medical aid. The cost of medical repatriation can burn a hole through your pocket. Travel medical insurance provides coverage for medical evacuations, repatriation, and ambulance charges.
- Travel medical insurance also provides you freedom from the financial burden that may arise if you fall ill or meet with an accident during your stay in Nauru. Depending on your plan, it can provide you coverage for:
- Physician charges
- Specialist consultant fees
- Medical tests like blood tests, X-Ray, CT-Scan
- Hospitalization fees
- Surgery charges
- Follow-up doctor fees
- Nauru travel medical insurance also provides you the comfort of the best customer service and English-speaking facilities round-the-clock.
Nauru Trip Cancellation Insurance for International Travelers – FAQs
Flight delays, last-minute cancellations, trip cancellations, and weather problems can ruin your holiday. They can also lead to unwanted cancellation fees to add to your woes. Travel insurance in Nauru will provide you protection from all of these useless hassles and many other benefits.
Why buy trip cancellation insurance for Nauru?
Most vacationers spend a fortune on fancy hotels, luxury rental cars, and extravagant restaurants during their trips abroad. But do not hesitate in spending a little extra for trip cancellation insurance. Nauru travel insurance for tourists is a small cost to protect yourself from unforeseen costs that may occur in case of mishaps during your vacation. Buy travel insurance for stress-free travel. Buy Nauru vacation insurance and leave behind your worries of flight cancellation, trip interruption charges, lost baggage, and other travel-related expenses.
You’re eligible for trip cancellation benefits if you have to cancel your vacation for a covered reason as listed in the certificate wording of your policy. Be sure to check this list of covered reasons for a better understanding of what scenarios are (and aren’t) covered.
What all is covered under travel insurance for Nauru?
There’s much more to travel insurance than just monetary protection from cancellation charges. A Nauru travel insurance plan provides insurance coverage of different types:
- Trip interruption for a covered reason
- Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation
- Financial benefit in case of hijacking, terrorism, strikes, political unrest, or war
- Protection from loss arising due to lost baggage, theft, or lost documents including passport
- Non-insurance services like emergency cash transfer, consulate or embassy referrals, and emergency travel facilities
Before You Travel to Nauru - Do This
- Planning a trip to Nauru is as much fun as the trip itself. Don’t forget to pack your swimming gear and sunglasses for an awesome experience on the islands.
- Make sure you consult your local healthcare provider and get yourself vaccinated before you leave.
- Last but not least, ensure that you buy a Nauru travel insurance plan for complete insurance coverage in Nauru. Enter some basic details about your trip, compare a wide variety of plans, and select the one that best fits the needs of your destination and itinerary.