If you are looking for a trip far from the madding crowd, Olympic National Park is the perfect destination for you. You can explore the magnificent mountains, hike through rainforests, and enjoy the coastline which runs for more than 70 miles (over 112 kilometers). Read this guide until the end to know all about popular destinations, travel tips, and information about travel insurance plans. Purchasing
visitors medical insurance plan or
travel insurance plan
is what smart and experienced travelers do to protect themselves from unexpected expenses.
Olympic National Park’s Most Popular Attractions for Travel
- Enjoy the View from Hurricane Ridge - If the weather is clear, you can enjoy a marvelous view from Hurricane Ridge. Depending on the weather, you can hike, ski, snowshoe, or sled at Hurricane Ridge. Popular hiking trails include the Big Meadow trail, Cirque Rim, the Hurricane Hill trail, and the Klahhane Ridge trail.
- Explore the Hoh Rain Forest - The Hoh Rain Forest looks as if it is the forest of Arden came to life. Explore this mystical wonderland which is filled with marshes and ferns. There is a bookstore and an exhibit at the Rain Forest Visitor Center, which you will enjoy visiting.
- Spend A Day near Lake Crescent - Hike to the beautiful glacially-carved Lake Crescent. The water is so clear and blue that it sparkles in daylight, like a bed of millions of sapphires. You can hike to Lake Crescent via several trails. Once you are there, you can boat or simply camp by the lake to have a transcendental experience.
- Head for Mora and Rialto Beach - You can head for the Rialto Beach right after visiting Lake Crescent. It is only 40 miles (about 64.4 kilometers) apart. The wide coast nestles hundreds of animals, including sea lions, seals, otters, whales, and eagles. You can explore the Mora area, located close to Rialto Beach. The Mora region has several amazing hiking trails as well.
- Visit the Sol Duc Valley - The Sol Duc Valley is flanked by several waterfalls. Sol Duc Valley is where nature towers over you with its untamed, regal beauty. You can drive to the valley via Sol Duc Road. From the valley, you can explore several hiking trails, the most popular among which is the Lover's Lane Trek.
Key Guidelines for Travelers in Olympic National Park
- When to visit - Avoid visiting the Olympic National Park between November to April. During these months, there is heavy rainfall and snow can also start to fall. May-July is the best time to visit the park. This is when the weather is clear enough for you to visit most of the attractions.
- How To Get Around - Olympic National Park is huge. Unless you have a car, travelling is going to be a problem. There is a bus service within the park, however, we don’t recommend it because the timing is way too rigid for you to enjoy. Even if you don’t have a car, rent one. It will allow you to explore freely and at your own pace.
- Lodging and Camping - Most of the lodging and camping sites are designated on the spot. If you visit during peak season, it might be difficult for you to grab a decent location. Book a hotel in Port Angeles so that you have a place to stay in case you can't find lodging inside the park.
- Carry Snacks and Water - You have to hike for miles to truly savor the beauty of Olympic National Park. Make sure you carry adequate food and water. Otherwise, you might experience dizziness, fatigue, and dehydration.
- Travel Medical Insurance Plans - Book a visitors medical insurance plan or a trip cancellation insurance plan before travelling to the Olympic National Park. That way, you do not have to worry about spending money on medical emergencies or unexpected cancellation issues.
Visitors Medical Insurance for Travelers in Olympic National Park - FAQs
No matter how much you prepare, sometimes the unexpected happens. During your trip, you could fall ill or get injured and this would mean seeking medical treatment. Healthcare is notoriously costly in the United States. The state of Washington is no exception. If you suffer from a minor injury or illness, treatment at a private medical facility could cost you a lot. To avoid such unnecessary expenditure, avail a visitors medical insurance plan.
Why buy visitors medical insurance before travelling to Olympic National Park?
Olympic National Park experiences extreme humidity during summer. During winter, temperatures often drop below the freezing point. The record low is -17 degrees Celsius (about 1-degree Fahrenheit). If you suffer from dehydration, catch a cold, or have an accident, you stand at the risk of losing a fortune due to the bills from medical treatment. A visitors medical insurance plan can save you a lot of money and hassle.
What should I look for in my Olympic National Park visitors medical insurance plan?
It is preferred that your visitors medical insurance plan offers coverage for acute onset of pre-existing medical conditions, especially if you or a co-traveler has a condition that could be exacerbated during the trip.
If you are travelling with your family, look for a plan that offers coverage for everyone attending the trip.
Opt for a visitors medical insurance plan which offers coverage for all sports activities you plan to take part in.
Choose a plan that has provisions for emergency medical evacuation in case greater care is needed at a different medical facility.
Do not settle for a cheap plan if it doesn’t provide adequate coverage. Visitors medical insurance plans may seem expensive, but they can save you from spending thousands at a private medical facility. It is best to buy visitors medical insurance and prevent a financial disaster while providing yourself peace of mind.
Trip Cancellation Insurance for Travelers in Olympic National Park - FAQs
Transportation and lodging account for a huge fraction of your travel budget. In case of sudden non-refundable cancellation, it strikes you as unfortunate as you will need to miss your planned trip, and you stand at the risk of losing a huge amount of money. A trip cancellation insurance plan can fortify your wallet against cancellation charges.
Why should I get a trip cancellation insurance plan for my Olympic National Park travel?
The Olympic National Park often remains closed to visitors due to extreme temperatures or natural calamities. If you encounter such an issue, you might have to cancel your trip. To prevent losing money due to sudden cancellations, book a trip cancellation insurance plan. Different plans can provide different coverages, so be sure to read through the policy first to know the covered cancellation reasons. Weather-related cancellations or delays and work-related emergencies are some of the more common reasons covered in these plans.
What should I look for in my Olympic National Park trip cancellation insurance plan?
Look for the following coverages in your trip cancellation insurance plan:
When you buy a travel insurance plan, you do not need to worry about spending money on emergencies. Check your plan’s certificate wording to see what it covers and what it doesn’t.
Before You Travel to Olympic National Park - Do This
You are almost ready to travel to the Olympic National Park. Before you go, consider the following tips.
Olympic National Park experiences frequent precipitation. Check the weather before you travel to Olympic National Park so you know what to expect.
If you have plans to visit other national parks soon, buy a national card pass.
Make sure that you buy adequate travel insurance coverage so that you and your group can enjoy a carefree vacation. Enter some basic trip information, look through your options, and select the plan that meets what you need in relation to the destination, budget, and itinerary.