Los Angeles has an extensive array of attractions to offer to a traveler. If you are considering a visit to the City of Angels, you must already have some pretty exciting activities planned out. Check out this detailed guide for must-visit landmarks, hidden gems, dos-and-don’ts, and frequently asked questions about travel insurance plans. Travel to Los Angeles with adequate
visitors medical insurance or
to protect you against unforeseen and potentially expensive mishaps. With your risks covered, you’re ready for the unexpected in Los Angeles.
Los Angeles’s Most Popular Places for Travel
- Disneyland: The iconic theme park of Disneyland is only a short drive from Los Angeles. Disneyland is now collaborating with Disney’s California Adventure, making it even more irresistible to tourists. It is a must-see venue for kids and adults alike; who doesn’t love Disney? You can also visit Downtown Disney, only a short distance from Disneyland, which is studded with eateries, bars, and clubs.
- The Hollywood Walk of Fame: The Hollywood Walk of Fame refers to the road leading to Grauman’s Chinese Theatre. The sidewalks of the road are ornamented with over 2,600 stars, each paying tribute to an iconic Hollywood legend. Though this place is usually very crowded, it is always worth a visit, especially if you are a movie buff. You can take pictures with street performers dressed as celebrities and click a photo with the iconic Hollywood sign in the background.
- Rodeo Drive: A stroll at Rodeo Drive is a must for all fashion-fanatics. You can visit the shops of your dreams like Tory Burch, Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Armani, and Dolce & Gabbana, among others. Whether you are here for a fashion haul or window shopping, the experience is sure to be memorable. Even the cars parked by the roads are gorgeous enough to make you stop and stare.
- Getty Center: Los Angeles has more to offer than glamorous sidewalks and a wild nightlife. Visit the Getty Center, a museum with a striking garden and vista. The free museum is home to jaw-dropping paintings and sculptures.
- Venice Boardwalk: The Venice Boardwalk is named so because this seaside attraction features canals built to complement seaside neighborhoods, just like in the city of Venice. The beaches are where the fun is in Los Angeles. A visit to the Venice Boardwalk is a must if you want to really soak in the LA vibe.
Key Guidelines for Travelers in Los Angeles
When to Travel: The best time to visit Los Angeles is from March to May and from September to November. It is best to avoid travel in June and July because the weather can get really hazy. Los Angeles also experiences light precipitation during January and February. If you are in for fun and partying, visit LA during the summer. Autumn is perfect for you if you are not comfortable with large crowds.
Pre-book Your Accommodations: Looks can be deceptive when you’re booking a hotel in LA. In peak season, if you book a hotel on short notice, a shabby inn might cost twice as much as a decent hotel would. We suggest you fix your dates, check out the hotels within your price range, and book the most suitable one based on location, facilities, and comfort.
Beware of scams: Los Angeles is notorious for its scammers who might offer you the opportunity to watch a movie shoot, if not act in one! If you happen to encounter such scammers, refuse then and there. Do not share any personal or financial details.
Transportation: Los Angeles is a fairly large city. Travelling will be most convenient if you have a vehicle of your own. Public transportation is not very efficient in LA. If you don’t have your own vehicle, you can simply book one from the local rental agencies.
Medical Insurance and Trip Cancellation Insurance: Los Angeles is a favorite destination for tourists all year round. So, if your booking gets cancelled, you’re staring at a massive loss of money. If you face a medical emergency or accident, you need adequate protection from a visitors medical insurance plan.
Visitors Medical Insurance for Travelers In Los Angeles - FAQs
Getting a visitors medical insurance plan is important because it can save you a whole lot of money in case you face any unexpected accidents, illnesses, or injuries.
Why buy visitors medical insurance before travelling to Los Angeles?
Los Angeles is a huge and crowded city. The traffic often gets unbearable. When things are not going your way in LA, even crossing the road is fraught with dangers. All the partying at the beach might take a toll, as well. While there are no serious threats to your health, getting a medical insurance plan is wise.
What should I look for in my Los Angeles visitors medical insurance?
Check if your visitor medical insurance plan covers your needs in case you have an instance of an acute onset of a pre-existing medical condition.
A trip to Los Angeles is nothing without biking and watersports at the beach. Make sure your insurance plan covers athletic sports, and purchase an appropriate add-on plan if it doesn’t.
Los Angeles can be an expensive city. Even if you are on a budget, it is only natural that you would want to spend money on fun activities as long as you’re on vacation. Still, do not try to skimp on your medical insurance. Be sure to purchase an appropriate plan that adequately covers your needs.
Check to see if your plan is renewable. If you have a medical emergency and have to stay in Los Angeles for a longer period than planned, a non-renewable insurance plan would expire. You could purchase a new insurance plan, but the existing injury that caused the delay would not be covered under the new plan. Private medical facilities are very expensive. It is best to be cautious and buy visitors medical insurance to prevent a financial disaster.
Trip Cancellation Insurance for Travelers in Los Angeles - FAQs
Transportation and lodging in Los Angeles are expensive. Cancellations might cost you a fortune if your trip is not insured.
Why should I get trip cancellation insurance for my Los Angeles trip?
Tourists visit the “City of Stars” all year round. Thus, hotels and transportation services are always in high demand. If your trip is cancelled, the chances of you getting a refund are slim to none. It is best to leave these hassles to your insurance company so that you can focus on your enjoyment. Trip cancellation insurance offers reimbursement for any prepaid, non-refundable travel expenses if you have to cancel your trip for a reason covered under the policy. Be sure to check the certificate wording before purchase for a full understanding of what situations would and wouldn’t be covered.
What should I look for in my Los Angeles trip cancellation insurance?
The benefits offered vary from plan to plan. However, most standard trip cancellation insurance policies cover the most common reasons for cancellation, including flight cancellations or delays, weather-related cancellations or delays, getting sick before your trip, work emergencies, getting called for jury duty, and so on.
If you buy travel insurance, you do not have to worry about emergencies nearly as much. Again, be sure to check your plan’s certificate wording to see what is (and isn’t) covered.
Before You Travel to Los Angeles - Do This
Are you ready to see the City of Stars shine for you? You are almost ready. Before you go, consider these
Los Angeles is the most ethnically diverse city in America. Not having great adventures and diverse food would be a huge miss.
Los Angeles is a city of dreams, but also of dreams deferred. Do not fall for scams and tourist traps.
Last but not least, consider all possible emergencies and get proper travel insurance coverage for you and your travel group. Be sure to spend time comparing your options, and pick the plan that best fits your needs. Enjoy a great and safe vacation!