Think skyscrapers and skylines. Think bustling business. Think blooming art and culture. Think gourmet culinary experiences, bars and nightlife, drama and theatre. New York City encompasses all of these—and then some.
No wonder New York City is called “The Capital of the World”. It's time for you to plan your things to do and places to shop, as well as make your hotel and restaurant reservations. To get yourself the peace of mind to travel to NYC with a spring in your step, you have to purchase adequate
travel insurance or
visitors medical insurance
so that you know uncertainties won’t spoil your travel.
New York City’s Most Popular Places for Travel
New York City is known as a fun city for a reason. It has nearly unlimited choices of fun things to do for all types of travelers. There’s a bouquet of adventure, art, drama, dining, shopping, and extraordinary visitor attractions throughout the city.
Here are some of the most popular experiences to make your visit to the Big Apple an unforgettable experience:
- Manhattan by Sea: The best way to enjoy the stunning Manhattan skyline is by taking a boat ride. Choose from a sailboat, catamaran, speed boat, or yacht to capture outstanding, panoramic views of New York City’s exemplary skyline and the iconic Statue of Liberty. Remember to book early to get the best deals.
- Central Park: If you are exhausted by the fast pace of Manhattan’s lifestyle, it’s time for you to unwind at Central Park. Stroll through the park, take a horse carriage ride, rent a pedicab or bike, or simply take a seat on a bench and watch the world go by.
- NYC by Chopper: NYC by Chopper is the ultimate thrill and adrenaline-pumping adventure. Hover above Manhattan’s popular skyscrapers, and enjoy bird’s-eye views of New York’s famous attractions. Beat the traffic and fly over NYC for a not-to-be-forgotten flight.
- Broadway and Theatre District: No visit to New York is complete without experiencing the magic of a Broadway play. There’s a Broadway play for all types of audiences, for the young and the old, music aficionados, classic lovers, and techno geeks. Again, booking early will help you find the best seats in the house at affordable rates.
- Explore the Markets, Bars, and Nightlife: If you want to truly experience the vibe of New York City, you must not miss the chance to explore the local favorites. Walking is the best way to enjoy local markets, neighborhood bars, cozy cafés and coffee shops, and gourmet restaurants. Ask the locals about their favorites to avoid the “touristy” places that may burn a hole through your pocket.
Key Guidelines for Travelers in New York City
- Road safety: New York City is infamous for its street traffic. The yellow taxis driven by New York cabbies, Hop-on Hop-off tourist buses, cyclists, pedestrians, police vehicles, and private cars all add to the traffic chaos in the city. Tourists who are preoccupied enjoying New York’s marvels are susceptible to meeting with road accidents.
- General Safety: New York is one of the safest tourist destinations in the United States. However, travelers should still avoid visiting deserted areas at night.
- Weather: Before planning your visit to “The City of Dreams”, do consider the risk of flight cancellations and delays during hurricane season and snowstorms. NYC experiences hurricane season from August to October and snowstorms from January to March.
- Flu Outbreak: Since New York City has the highest population density in the U.S., there is an enhanced risk of flu outbreak and spread during the winter months. Travelers to NYC should ensure that they have taken their flu vaccine before travelling to “The City That Never Sleeps”, especially during the winter.
Visitors Medical Insurance for Travelers in New York City – FAQs
Falling sick or meeting with an accident in a place like New York City can be a terrifying experience for travelers. A visitors medical insurance plan can’t protect you against these undesirable circumstances. But, it can provide you medical coverage for medical treatment costs, emergency medical evacuation, repatriation to your home country, and more, depending on the plan.
Why buy visitors medical insurance before travelling to New York City?
Finding the right medical facility can be a major problem in a huge city like New York, and the cost of hospitalization in NYC could wreck your finances. A vast majority of travelers visiting New York City for business or leisure usually buy visitors medical insurance.
A visitors medical insurance plan in New York City can protect you from the disturbingly high costs of medical aid. It also helps you connect with the best medical facilities and can help fund the costs of treatment that you may require.
What should I look for in my visitors medical insurance New York City?
There are several types of visitors medical insurance that companies offer. When you are comparing visitors health insurance plans for New York City, here are some important factors to keep in mind:
If you have pre-existing medical conditions like diabetes, hypertension, or cardiovascular disease, please ensure that your New York visitors medical insurance provides coverage for an acute onset of these conditions.
Purchase a visitors medical insurance for New York City that matches the duration of your stay. In case you might stay for a longer duration, make sure to purchase the insurance that is extendable.
Trip Cancellation Insurance for Travelers in New York City - FAQs
Trip cancellation insurance is the safety shield that tourists buy to avoid hefty cancellation costs, loss of booking deposits, and penalties in case of trip cancellation or trip interruption.
Why should I get trip cancellation insurance for my New York City trip?
Trip cancellation insurance can provide a wide variety of insurance coverage in the unfortunate event that you have to cancel your trip. With travel insurance coverage for New York City, you can get reimbursed for any prepaid, non-refundable trip expenses you put down if you have to cancel for a reason explicitly listed in the policy wording. Be sure to review the fine print before purchase so you know what situations are (and aren’t) covered.
What should I look for in my New York City trip cancellation insurance?
It’s the special attractions and experiences that make your trip to New York memorable. Most travelers make reservations for restaurants, Broadway shows, adventure activities, and hotels in advance to get the best deals.
A basic travel insurance in New York may not provide you with financial protection against cancellation of tickets for a Broadway show or reservations at a fancy Michelin-star restaurant. Check the wording of your plan before purchase to learn what is and is not covered as a plan-approved reason for cancellation. Plan your things to do, and buy travel insurance for New York to provide you with maximum insurance coverage.
Before You Travel to New York City - Do This
- Plan Every Minute: There’s so much to do in New York. Plan every minute of your time in this beautiful city so that you don’t miss out on your favorite experiences.
- Early Bird Catches the Worm: Booking early is the best way to ensure affordable prices of all your favourite experiences. Remember, the earlier, the better.
- Compare and Buy Your Insurance: Don’t forget to compare different insurance plans and buy the right one for you. Every minute in New York is a fun-filled, thrilling adventure. Buy the right travel insurance plan and enjoy your trip to the fullest.