Like the eternal poet Robert Frost, have you been looking to travel the road less taken?
The time has come for you to say "Bonjour" or "Salaam Aleikum" to the wondrous land of Mauritania.
Mauritania is a little-known gem blessed with beautiful Saharan sand dunes and pristine coastal plains. This beautiful jewel located in Western Africa is truly an undiscovered beauty. And it is eagerly awaiting international tourists.
Mauritania has plenty to offer to the adventurer in you. Mauritania offers a wide range of unprecedented once-in-a-lifetime experiences to tourists.
Come to Mauritania. Enjoy exotic locations, enriching culture and traditions, and live the nomadic life, riding high on adrenaline. Take home memories of a lifetime. But before you depart for your adventure, make sure to purchase
travel insurance or
travel medical insurance
to be prepared for any unexpected accidents, illnesses or injuries that could happen.
Things to Do for Travelers in Mauritania
- Live the Nomad Lifestyle: The oasis of Terjit gives foreign travellers an unbelievable opportunity to experience the life of Arabic nomads. Eat local cuisines, try a serving of “zghrie” (goat's milk mixed with water), sleep under a blanket of sparkling stars, and live a long-forgotten lifestyle.
- Ride on an open-carriage train: If you are the ultimate adrenaline junkie, you simply can’t miss the chance of riding on Mauritania’s open-carriage, iron ore train. Enjoy it like the locals do: Simply hop on and experience the taste of ultimate thrill.
- Go camping in the Sahara Desert: No trip to Mauritania is complete without a camping experience in its gorgeous sand dunes. Choose from either luxury camping (glamping) or roughing it in tents set up on honey-colored sand.
- Dine on delicious delicacies: Mauritania offers a unique culinary experience, exclusive to this Western African nation. Tantalize your taste buds. Try delicious delicacies like:
Thieboudiene (a classic concoction of tomato sauce cooked with rice and fish)
Yassa (chicken or meat cooked to tender perfection along with tomatoes and onions)
Mechoui (grilled meat).
- See the stunning seals: The Réserve Satellite du Cap Blanc is home to more than one hundred and fifty seals, including the endangered Mediterranean monk seals.
Travel Risks for International Travelers in Mauritania
- Local crimes: Tourists in Mauritania should avoid flashing valuables in public to lower the risk of petty crimes.
- Health Risks: Foreign travellers visiting Mauritania should take adequate medical precautions. Don’t forget to get vaccines and medication for common ailments.
- Desert hassles: If you are planning to visit remote desert zones, make sure you are accompanied by a trustworthy and experienced guide.
Mauritania Travel Medical Insurance for International Travellers – FAQs
Unforeseen circumstances are as the name suggests—unforeseen.
Falling ill during your adventure trip to Mauritania can be a disturbing experience. Buy a Mauritania travel medical insurance plan before you begin your journey to Mauritania. Make sure you buy a comprehensive medical insurance coverage plan to enjoy a stress-free vacation.
Do I need travel medical insurance for Mauritania?
The Islamic Republic of Mauritania doesn’t require international travellers to buy a Mauritania travel medical insurance plan. But, as a foreign tourist, it is highly recommended to buy travel medical insurance in Mauritania.
A travel medical insurance coverage plan for tourists offers travellers financial protection. It safeguards against costs incurred due to illness and hospitalization during your vacation. It also comes with several other benefits, including:
Access to good-quality hospitals
24x7 English-speaking customer service
Repatriation facilities if the need arises
Why buy travel medical insurance for Mauritania?
Mauritania offers fantastic experiences to travellers. But there are also medical risks in Mauritania. A vast majority of international travellers buy travel medical insurance for Mauritania.
A travel medical insurance plan for Mauritania is an absolute must-buy. Here’s why you should buy an all-inclusive travel medical insurance:
It provides financial protection against expenses due to falling ill or hospitalization in Mauritania.
Mauritania has limited medical facilities. In case of a major illness, there may arise the need for medical evacuation or repatriation. A travel medical insurance plan provides coverage for such extreme situations.
A travel medical insurance provides medical coverage during your visit to Mauritania.
If you are planning to indulge in adventure activities, you may have to increase your insurance coverage. All you need to do is pay the requisite extra premium fees.
Mauritania Trip Cancellation Insurance for International Travelers – FAQs
Imagine being caught in a sandstorm during your camping visit. Imagine paying hefty rescheduling charges for your missed flight back home. Seems terrible, doesn’t it? Well, Mauritania vacation insurance is what you need to protect you from such travel contingencies. Trip cancellation insurance benefits kick in if you have to cancel your trip for a covered reason as spelled out in your policy’s certificate wording.
Why buy trip cancellation insurance for Mauritania?
A trip cancellation policy is every tourist’s best friend. It shields you from cancellation charges in case of trip delays or cancellations. It protects you from hefty cancellation charges or forfeiting of booking deposits. It can even reimburse your pre-paid, non-refundable expenses. Travelling without insurance coverage in Mauritania may be foolhardy.
What all is covered under trip cancellation insurance for Mauritania?
Trip cancellation insurance for Mauritania offers several benefits to international travellers. Here’s why it pays to buy trip cancellation insurance for Mauritania. If you cancel for a covered reason, your insurance:
Provides protection coverage against non-medical contingencies like trip/flight cancellations or delays, and missed flight connections due to unexpected events, bad weather, technical problems, political unrest, strikes, etc.
Provides communication support to the insured. Connect with consular staff, legal support, and medical facilities with the help of travel insurance customer services.
Provides monetary compensation in case of lost baggage, and lost passport.
Before You Travel to Mauritania - Do This
Mauritania is not for the faint-hearted. A trip to Mauritania is a thrilling adventure that you’ll cherish forever. But facilities and infrastructure in the country are limited. Pack all your essentials, including medication, before you board your flight.
Also, remember to contact credible local guides or travel consultants. They will help you plan your travel itinerary according to your preference.
Don’t forget to buy an all-inclusive travel insurance plan for a happy and hassle-free vacation in Mauritania. Enter some basic personal information, compare a variety of options, and select the plan that best covers your needs.