Maryland is a state where you will find a rich history and diverse landscapes together. Maryland, nicknamed "America in Miniature", is a state where heritage and progressive modern culture live side by side. Read this guide until the end, because it covers everything you need to know before visiting Maryland.
Learn about where to go, what to eat, how to travel, and what to look for in travel insurance plans. Purchase
visitors medical insurance and
before traveling to Maryland. It can save you a fortune in case of a medical emergency or a sudden cancellation.
Maryland’s Most Popular Cities for Travel
- Annapolis - Live and breathe history in the city of Annapolis. Time seems to have stopped to contemplate Annapolis's beauty, and so will it for you. That’s when you start exploring the city’s historical architecture, cobblestone streets, and vintage alleys. You can explore the St. Anne's Church, go sailing, and visit the museums. Rejoice if you are a foodie, because restaurants in Annapolis serve amazing seafood. Do not forget to try out the steamed crabs.
- Ocean City - Ocean City is the perfect destination for you if you are traveling with your family. The sunrise and sunset at the 10-mile (over 16-kilometer) long beach look picturesque. The city is studded with souvenir shops, charming restaurants, bars, and golf courses where you can enjoy and relax.
- Baltimore - Baltimore is a unique city which demonstrates a perfect blend of Northern and Southern cultures. Soak in the history of the city and marvel at cool artwork and music. Popular attractions include Edgar Allan Poe House and Museum, Walters Museum, Baltimore Museum of Art, and Fort McHenry National Monument.
- Assateague Island - You can head to Assateague Island right from Ocean City. It is only 8 miles (about 12.9 kilometers) away. The island features a majestic beach and lush marshlands. You can take part in several fun activities like biking, swimming, surfing, and beachcombing.
- Frederick - Frederick is the ultimate destination for you if you enjoy historical architecture. You can take part in the Frederick History Bicycle Group. This is the best way to explore the historical attractions in Frederick through a fun, group activity.
Key Guidelines for Travelers in Maryland
- Pack Well - You will enjoy various fun activities in Maryland. You could sunbathe one day and go hiking on the next. Make sure that you carry appropriate clothes and shoes for all the activities you take part in.
- When to Visit - Spring and Fall are the best seasons to visit Maryland. Many attractions remain closed in Winter due to extreme snowfall. The beaches are far too hot in Summer to enjoy. Spring and Fall allow you to make the best of your Maryland trip.
- Carry Cash - Maryland is filled with charming shops that sell fresh local produce or handmade clothing and souvenirs. Do not depend on your online wallet or card while shopping in these places, as most of these shops only accept cash.
- Pack A Pest Repellant - Spray a pest repellant on bare skin before and while you are hiking. The woods in Maryland are filled with ticks. You can also use tea tree oil to repel pests.
- Travel Insurance Plans - Medical emergencies and sudden cancellations can cost you a lot while you are traveling. To fortify your wallet against such expenditures, you can book a visitors medical insurance plan or a trip cancellation insurance plan.
Visitors Medical Insurance for Travelers in Maryland - FAQs
Healthcare does not come for cheap in the United States. Maryland is no exception. Even if you need treatment only for a small injury or illness, it could cost you a lot. To prevent financial losses over medical emergencies, book a visitors medical insurance plan.
Why buy visitors medical insurance before traveling to Maryland?
Maryland has the Appalachian Mountains in the west and extensive beaches in the east. Therefore, you can experience dramatic changes in weather while traveling. You may catch a cold or encounter breathing difficulties. While these are not serious conditions, private hospitals could cost a lot for treating you. To avoid such monetary losses, invest in a visitors medical insurance plan. It will help you relax and not worry about finances should an emergency occur.
What should I look for in my Maryland visitors medical insurance?
Your visitors medical insurance plan should offer coverage for acute onset of pre-existing medical conditions if needed.
Make sure that your visitors medical insurance plan offers coverage for all athletic activities you plan to take part in.
If you are traveling with your family, look for a plan that offers cheap coverage for children.
Coverage for emergency medical evacuation or repatriation would be welcome if you needed to be transported to the nearest medical facility capable of providing adequate treatment.
Do not compromise on your visitors medical insurance plan because of the price. Even if it seems expensive, remember that it can save you from losing a fortune at a private medical facility. To prevent a financial disaster, buy visitors medical insurance.
Trip Cancellation Insurance for Travelers in Maryland - FAQs
After all of your planning, an emergency can still happen that causes you to cancel your trip. Even worse than missing the trip would be the lost money that you used on prepaid bookings and reservations. Your transportation and lodging costs account for most of your travel budget. If you face a non-refundable cancellation of your flight or hotel booking, you stand at the risk of losing a lot of money. To avoid such losses, book a trip cancellation insurance plan.
Why should I get trip cancellation insurance for my Maryland travel?
Maryland experiences a diverse climate. There are often snowstorms in the east coast which cause flights to be delayed or canceled. Some locations often close due to extremities in the weather. If you book a trip cancellation insurance plan, the insurance company can take care of all your cancellation charges. It can work to reimburse you for lost expenses when a trip is canceled by a plan-approved reason.
What should I look for in my Maryland trip cancellation insurance?
Trip cancellation insurance can reimburse you when a trip is canceled due to a covered reason in the policy. Be sure to review the policy before purchase to know the covered reasons. Some common coverages listed include:
You do not need to worry about financial hits caused by emergencies if you buy travel insurance. Check your plan's certificate wording to make sure it covers everything you require.
Before You Travel to Maryland - Do This
You are almost ready to travel to Maryland. Before you travel, consider these suggestions:
If you visit Maryland during winter, carry a wetsuit. This will allow you to take part in watersports without catching a cold.
Before traveling to Maryland, buy adequate travel insurance coverage so that you and your group can enjoy a carefree vacation. Enter some basic information, review your available options, and choose the plan that works best for your itinerary, destination, and budget.