Montana is the nature lover’s paradise. With its attractive mountain ranges and prairie terrain, it promises a delightful experience to anyone who finds peace amidst undisturbed nature. Its landscape even inspires nicknames such as “Big Sky Country” and “Land of the Shining Mountains”.
Read on to know how you can make the best of your stay in Montana, and some things you should definitely do before travelling to this wondrous state.
Expect the unlikely when you’re in Montana. The uncertainties won’t hurt your pocket when you’re insured against them. Purchase
visitors medical insurance or
That’s how you ensure you will return from Montana with nothing but happy memories.
Montana’s Most Popular Cities for Travel
- Whitefish - Characterized by snowy mountains, this town is a popular ski destination. In the winter, you can join in the celebrations of the Whitefish Winter Carnival with skijoring races and ice sculptures as prominent features. In the summer, you can enjoy the delights of fishing and hiking.
- Hamilton - This town is located between the two mountain ranges in Bitterroot Valley. As soon as you step into Hamilton, the beauty of this town will entrance you. Hamilton has a unique small-town charm to it, with plenty of cozy log cabins and natural beauty. The graceful forests of this town will also offer tourists with a peaceful scenery.
- Missoula - This town has a lot of open space which can provide tourists with an easy access to the breath-taking verdure that Montana is known for. Missoula is home to several exciting hiking trails and ski slopes. If you visit Missoula in the summer, the Clark Fork River Trail is an amazing place to visit.
- Livingston - Ever seen classic American movies with cowboys and buckaroos? This is what the south-western town of Livingston will give you a taste of. The rustic, old-town appeal is sure to enchant fans of the Wild West. This is another town where hiking is a great activity to enjoy. Tourists can even relax in the many hot springs found in the town, such as Chico Hot Springs.
- Butte - Butte is an old mining town. It offers great views of the Rocky Mountain landscape. But what sets this town apart is its rich history and architectural diversity. Tourists who want to experience an abundance of culture and explore the unconventional yet wondrous towns of Montana should definitely visit this town.
Key Guidelines for Travelers in Montana
- Make the best of the many hiking trails - The beauty of this American state is truly captivating. The beautiful natural scenery found in Montana attracts tourists from all over the world. Deriving its very name from the many mountain ranges it has, you can find mountain ranges such as the Rocky Mountains and the Pryor Mountains in Montana. As a result, the state has many ravishing hiking trails. One should not make the mistake of missing out on the many hiking trails that this state offers. Opt for small inns and log cabins that are in the midst of the fresh greenery. Stay as close as you can to the pleasant scenery of this state. This will help you have a more fulfilling experience.
- Pack all kinds of clothes - Montana is a state with many mountain ranges. Thus, it has a highly varying climate. There is a considerable difference in topography and altitude within the state itself. This leads to extremes of temperatures. Instead of only packing for the season you are travelling in, add a couple of off-season clothing options to your backpack. This will help keep you comfortable in case of unexpected weather. Make sure to do this especially if you plan on doing some inter-state travelling. If you are to make the most of the excellent hiking trails that one can find in Montana, gear up for some adventure. You don’t want to merely look at the mountain ranges, do you?
- Beware of hunting grounds - The bountiful landscapes of Montana pack a whole lot of flora and fauna in them. The species of animals housed in the forests, mountains, and prairies are various and plentiful, which attracts many hunters. Rare animal species make for a good game, so beware. You don’t want to get caught up in a hunting area. One second you’re wandering in a vast prairie, and the next bullets are whizzing past you. Be especially careful in back roads and woods in the hunting season.
Visitors Medical Insurance for Travelers in Montana – FAQs
The state of Montana, albeit beautiful, scenic, and vibrant, has its own dangers. The vast natural terrain can be dangerous at times. Suppose while enjoying a challenging trail, you were to trip over a branch and break a bone? Or what if your laughter were to surprise an innocent looking deer, leading to an unfortunate attack? These would need medical care, and to cover medical costs, the best plan of action would be to have visitors medical insurance.
Why buy visitors medical insurance before travelling to Montana?
Being so close to nature is breath-taking, but be sure to insure yourself in the case of a calamity. The chances of this happening are low, but never zero. Keep the worry about possible bankruptcy out of our mind by first purchasing visitors medical insurance and focus your mind on the cultural festival, hiking trails, and national parks.
What should I look for in my Montana visitors medical insurance?
Some key features that you should be looking for in your visitors medical insurance plan include Emergency medical insurance, emergency medical evacuation, and accidental death & dismemberment coverage. It might sound extreme, but leaving yourself up to the whims and fancies of fate involves taking a great risk. Having a visitors medical insurance plan in place will take on the financial risk in case an accident or illness catches up to you.
Trip Cancellation Insurance for Travelers in Montana – FAQs
Travelling is fun, and expensive. If the unthinkable happens and your trip has to be cancelled, not only will you be disappointed, but you will lose all the money from the prepaid reservations and tickets. Cover your risks with trip cancellation insurance. A travel cancellation insurance plan can cover you in the case of a cancellation, or even a change of plans, preventing you from wasting your money unnecessarily.
Why should I get trip cancellation insurance for my Montana travel?
There’s a lot to do in the huge state of Montana. Many places to explore and regions to go to. You may not be able to complete some part of your trip, because of cancellations by the service provider or deliberate changes in your plan. In this case, a trip cancellation insurance could cover you and your finances. It is always better to be safe than sorry.
Trip cancellation insurance can work to reimburse the non-refundable, prepaid expenses if the trip is cancelled due to an approved reason listed in the policy. Some of the most common situations for cancellations include flight delays or cancellations, becoming sick before the trip, weather-related delays or cancellations, and more. Be sure to read the policy before purchasing to know what all is covered under the plan.
What should I look for in my Montana trip cancellation insurance?
Review the plan before purchase to know which benefits are offered in the plan. The plan should include benefits for trip interruption or trip cancellation under a covered reason, trip delay coverage, emergency medical evacuation or repatriation and coverage for theft or loss of baggage.
Before You Travel to Montana - Do This
- Get fit
The great outdoors are tough. To handle them, you must be too. Settle into a fitness routine a month or two before setting out for Montana, so that you may not tire yourself too quickly into a trek or hike.
- Make a checklist
With so many attractions comes the problem of choice. You’re in Livingston – but what now? Identify what exactly you want to do in Montana; this will help you explore the main attractions.
- Play and watch these
Montana inspired the setting for the popular video game Far Cry 5. Movies such as The Revenant and Nebraska are set in this state. You can experience the state virtually before going there physically. Think of it as a trailer of all the exciting experiences that lie ahead.
Be prepared, and buy adequate travel insurance coverage before you land in Montana. Proper insurance coverage will ensure that you have peace of mind while you enjoy your visit to Montana.