Dallas, Texas, is a unique blend of old and new with quaint warehouses and ultra-modern skyscrapers. Visit Dallas to experience the sparkly American Dream play out before your eyes. With a long list of attractions and places of interest, this article has a list of the top things to do on your Dallas trip.
First things first, protect yourself from unexpected expenses on your vacation to Dallas with a
visitors medical insurance or
Dallas’s Most Popular Places for Travel
- Sixth Floor Museum: The Sixth Floor Museum is a touching tribute to the life and work of President John F. Kennedy. It is located at the spot from which he was assassinated in 1963 and has an interesting array of exhibits showcasing his achievements in office. Informative guided tours are also available for visitors.
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden: Visit this little pocket of green in the middle of the city. You will be amazed at the vast variety of plants and trees that populate this natural paradise. The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden also has unique seasonal attractions like the “12 Days of Christmas” exhibits and springtime blooms.
- Six Flags Over Texas: The Six Flags in Dallas is a huge amusement park filled with all types of rides imaginable. There are roller coasters and rides for all ages here. The amusement park is a must-visit family destination on a trip to Dallas.
- White Rock Lake: Located in the lap of White Rock Creek, this lake is a picnickers’ heaven. Stroll around the banks of the calm waters, or hit the bike trails that run all around the lake. You can spend a whole day relaxing on the shore—get a great picnic spread, and you’re set.
- Trinity Forest Adventure Park: Up for an adrenaline rush? Enjoy a full day of ziplining, obstacle courses, bungee jumping, and rope climbing at the Trinity Forest Adventure Park. There is truly adventure galore in this neck of the woods.
Key Guidelines for Travelers in Dallas
Keep these pointers in mind while you draw up your itinerary for Dallas.
- Weather: The best time to visit Dallas is during the spring or fall. The weather is pleasant and comfortable to spend time outdoors. Note that during summer, the temperature goes well above 100 degrees Fahrenheit (over 37 degrees Celsius), so be prepared for some warm months from June to September.
- Getting around Dallas: Renting a car will help you move around the city comfortably. You can also take advantage of the public transport system, the Dallas Area Rapid Transport (DART), for intra-city travel. Alternately, the heart of the downtown area is easy to navigate on foot, and you can plan your itinerary accordingly.
- Don’t forget to stay hydrated: The hot Texan weather in the summer can quickly tire you out. Always remember to have a bottle of water on you when you step out. You will have to walk a lot around Downtown Dallas, so make sure that you take care of your health while exploring the city.
- Adventure activities: Dallas is the perfect place for adventure lovers. With plenty of amusement parks and opportunities for adventure sports, you can enjoy activities like hiking, bungee jumping, biking, and water slides. Remember to follow all the safety instructions to the letter to avoid unnecessary accidents or injuries. Make your personal safety your top priority at all times.
- General tips: Reserve your bookings for hotels, concerts, events, tours, etc., well in advance to avoid last-minute panic. Keep the contact information of local emergency services handy at all times, and keep your personal belongings in your sight in crowded places.
Visitors Medical Insurance for Travelers in Dallas - FAQs
During your trip to Dallas, an unexpected medical emergency could result in a big financial hit on your budget. How do you protect yourself against such unpredictable expenditures? The answer is simple: visitors medical insurance.
Why buy visitors medical insurance before travelling to Dallas?
Visitors medical insurance can help cover the costs of medical treatment for any unexpected accidents, illnesses, or injuries that occur during your time in Dallas. The U.S. is infamous for its expensive healthcare costs, and you could end up spending a small fortune if you have to seek medical attention without insurance. Be sure to pick an insurance plan that matches the needs of your destination. In the U.S., this means opting for a comprehensive coverage plan over a fixed coverage plan.
Fixed coverage plans are cheaper, but they pay for only a set maximum amount for every procedure or doctor’s visit after your deductible is paid. The U.S. is not the place to have an insurance plan with an upper limit on how much it will cover. Comprehensive plans offer coverage that is more than worth the extra expense.
What should I look for in my Dallas visitors medical insurance?
Your insurance plan should include some form of the following benefits:
Emergency medical expenses and hospitalization
- Participation in PPO networks
Coverage for any acute onset of pre-existing conditions that might flare up unexpectedly during your vacation
- Emergency medical evacuation to the nearest facility that can provide adequate treatment
Ability to extend your duration of coverage. If a medical emergency forces you to prolong your stay in Dallas, this is especially important. If you have to purchase a new plan, your current medical state would be considered a pre-existing condition and wouldn’t be covered in the new plan.
Buy visitors medical insurance and enjoy peace of mind on your holiday in Dallas.
Trip Cancellation Insurance for Travelers in Dallas - FAQs
Your Dallas trip will undoubtedly include various bookings for flights, hotels, concerts, city tours, and local events. What happens to your pre-paid expenses if any of these—or your entire trip—gets cancelled? This is where trip cancellation insurance can save the day, within certain parameters.
Why should I get trip cancellation insurance for my Dallas travel?
Things don’t always go according to plan, and it’s important to be prepared for every eventuality. Trip cancellation insurance can reimburse you for your non-refundable, prepaid trip expenses if you have to cancel for a reason included in your policy’s certificate wording. Be sure to review the fine print of your plan before purchase so that you have a thorough, advance understanding of what situations would and wouldn’t be covered. The covered reasons vary from plan to plan, but most standard trip cancellation insurance plans cover the most likely reasons for cancellation, like flight delays or cancellations, weather-related delays or cancellations, getting sick before the trip, work-related emergencies, and so on.
What should I look for in my Dallas trip cancellation insurance?
Consider the following benefits, and decide which ones you can’t go without:
As with any insurance plan, there are certain conditions attached to being eligible for the benefits. You must insure the full cost of your trip, and you must have purchased the insurance before the need to cancel arises. Some plans require you to cancel within a certain number of hours or days before your scheduled departure. Be sure to review the wording in the policy for full details. Trip cancellation insurance is the surest way to travel flexibly and stress-free in Dallas.
Before You Travel to Dallas - Do This
Check the weather forecasts for Texas during your period of stay. You don’t want to get stuck in a heatwave or the thunderstorm season.
Ensure that your driver’s license, health insurance, and other documents are valid in the U.S.
Get a travel insurance plan for Dallas that protects you and your fellow travelers from unanticipated expenses on the trip. Take the time to compare policies and decide which one best matches the needs of your trip. Don’t let the cost of insurance deter you from purchasing it—you won’t think you need it until you really, really wish you had it.