The Sultanate of Oman is a perfect holiday destination for vacationers from all over the world. This not-so-little kingdom is located on the southeast coast of the Arabian Peninsula. And it is home to sparkling green wadi pools, exhilarating off-road dune-bashing driving experiences, gorgeous beaches, majestic mountains, exotic souk shopping, and so much more. Before you go, remember to purchase
travel medical insurance or
to protect yourself from any unexpected illnesses, injuries, or accidents.
Things to Do for Travelers in Oman
Oman is fast becoming one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Middle East. Oman is truly a gem waiting to be discovered. Here’s a list of fun, exciting, and unusual things to do during your visit to Oman:
The Muttrah Souk
The Muttrah Souk is not just an Arabian marketplace. It is considered to be one of the oldest markets in the world. This is the place to go to buy so many interesting souvenirs. Take home interesting gifts like WWII artifacts, eclectic jewelry, local dresses, exotic spices, and antiques.
If you have dreamed of traversing through a beautiful canyon and jumping head-on into its transparent water pool, you have to go to Snake Canyon. It is definitely not for the faint-hearted.
Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque
The Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque is considered one of the grandest examples of Islamic and Arab architecture in the world. No trip to Oman is complete without a visit. Not to be missed during your visit to the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque are the world’s largest chandelier (made of thousands of Swarovski crystals) and the world’s largest carpet, weighing almost 21,000 kilograms (more than 46,000 pounds).
Wadi Bani Khalid
The oasis of Wadi Bani Khalid is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Oman. The crystal-clear waters of Wadi Bani Khalid offer different bathing options to travelers.
Explore the beautiful dunes of Oman’s untouched deserts. You may try quad-biking, dune bashing, camel riding, horseback riding, and other adventure sports in the beautiful dunes.
Travel Risks for International Travelers in Oman
Oman is a very safe country for international travelers. There is a high level of safety and security in Oman. But, international travelers should stay vigilant to avoid any hassles.
- Know the right time to indulge in water-related adventure activities. You can avoid getting caught in tropical storms, cyclones, and flash-flooding by following local advisories.
- Terrorism incidents in the Sultanate of Oman are rare, but foreign travelers should always be cautious and careful while traveling.
- Foreign travelers who are planning to explore rural and off-the-grid areas of Oman should consider getting proper vaccinations in advance. Also avoid dehydrations risks when you are exploring Oman.
- Oman offers a variety of adventure sports like dune bashing, quad biking, wadi swimming, deep-sea diving, snorkelling, dolphin watching, paragliding, and zip-lining, to name a few. Always ascertain that the service provider is adhering to adequate safety parameters before signing up for a fun activity.
- Road travel: Driving in rural Oman brings with it the danger of bumping into reckless drivers and stray camels. Be cautious while you drive, and drive at a moderate speed only.
Oman Travel Medical Insurance for International Travelers – FAQs
A vacation in Oman consists of enjoying the sun, the sand, and beautiful water. But no vacation can be completely safeguarded against illness, accidents, and other unwanted medical surprises. An Oman travel medical insurance plan may not protect you against undesirable medical problems, but it does help provide you with necessary safeguards against financial problems that these medical issues might cause.
Do I need travel medical insurance for Oman?
Following the coronavirus pandemic, travel health insurance is mandatory for visitors to Oman. They must purchase COVID-19 travel medical insurance that covers coronavirus-related expenses and lasts the full duration of stay in the country. Visitors must download an app from the Ministry of Health and complete registration upon arrival.
Why buy travel medical insurance for Oman?
Travel medical insurance in Oman is the perfect way to travel abroad without worrying about health expenses or medical costs. Here’s why you must buy Oman travel medical insurance.
- Travel medical insurance for Oman provides you with round-the-clock medical assistance in the finest medical facilities of the Sultanate
- Provides help with emergency medical support including physician charges, specialty consultant charges, hospitalization, ambulatory services, medical evacuation, and repatriation
- Depending on the plan, it can provide coverage for accidents, dental expenses, and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D).
Oman Trip Cancellation Insurance for International Travelers – FAQs
You’ve planned your hotel bookings, cruise tickets, airline tickets, and even made reservations for the best restaurant in Muscat. Imagine that your flight is canceled due to a tropical storm. Unfortunately, you may end up paying hefty cancellation charges for your other reservations due to this flight cancellation.
By paying a little extra for trip cancellation insurance, international travelers can shield themselves from the financial liabilities that may arise due to trip cancellations, flight delays, and trip interruptions.
Why buy trip cancellation insurance for Oman?
Coping with a lost passport, being stranded without a hotel, missing a flight, and last-minute trip cancellations could be harrowing experiences for you. Oman trip cancellation insurance is the simplest way to protect you from the financial costs and liabilities that such nightmarish events may cause. You’re eligible for benefits if you have to cancel your trip for a reason explicitly listed in the policy wording. You can receive reimbursement for any prepaid, non-refundable expenses you might have put down.
What all is covered under travel insurance for Oman?
Travel insurance provides a host of benefits. When you buy Oman travel insurance, it provides you with a wide spectrum of insurance coverage beyond trip cancellation or trip interruption coverage. Depending on the plan, travel insurance can provide coverage for:
- Lost baggage or baggage delay protection, including reimbursement to purchase necessities
- Emergency cash benefits in case of loss of cash, credit cards, or traveler’s checks
- Emergency assistance for loss of passport coverage
- Cost of customer support for connecting with local embassy or consulate
- Emergency accommodation services
Before You Travel to Oman...
Yes, this is the perfect time to say "Marhaba" to Oman.
Before you travel to Oman, make sure that you pack modest clothing to match the country’s conservative culture. Avoid shorts, sleeveless tops or shirts, and revealing dresses.
The electrical connections in Oman are Type G (200V to 240V). Ensure that you are carrying the appropriate adapters and electrical converters.
And, last but not least, remember to compare plans and buy travel insurance coverage for your trip to Oman. Enter some basic information about your trip, compare a wide variety of options, and select the plan that best fits your needs.