Toronto developed over the years. But its culture and history is reflecting throughout the city. Pack thick sweaters for a cold and mesmerizing adventure in North America. Shop, drink, sail, and edge walk to your heart's content. For your safety and that of your wallet, you should invest in
travel medical insurance or
in case you or anyone on your trip falls ill or gets injured while visiting Toronto.
Things to Do for Travelers in Toronto
The capital city of Ontario, Toronto stands as a dynamic metropolis today. There will never be a boring moment during your travels. The city features serene views, delicious food and mind-blowing architecture to explore.
- Explore The Entertaining Distillery District: The perfect blend of old and new, the Distillery District heightens every human sense. See Victorian industrial buildings from the outside and 21st century architecture inside. These unique buildings house restaurants, cafes, studios, theaters, and galleries. The surroundings resemble the 19th century with a modern twist to it.
- Edge Walk On The CN Tower: This one is for the adventurous types looking for something exciting. Edge Walk on the tallest building in the western hemisphere. The CN Tower located in Toronto stands 553 meters (over 1,814 feet) high. Get harnessed and walk hands free on a 5 foot (about 1.5 meters) wide ledge. Experience this thrilling experience 1,168 feet (356 meters) above the ground. The tower hosts various activities and entertainment sessions for tourists. You can get personalized lighting on the tower to surprise your travel companions.
- Sail On Lake Ontario: If you are looking for a relaxing day in the city head to Toronto Harbor. Here you can take sight-seeing boating tours on the Ontario Lake. You can even book a party yacht and dance your troubles away onboard. Visit Harbor Square Park at the bay and Queen's Park in the downtown area.
- Toronto Food Adventure: Toronto prides itself for its fresh produce and St. Lawrence Market is part of that effort. The Market has over 120 vendors that come together every day to sell great food. You can take up cooking classes at the market to enhance your skills. Travel about 3 miles (about 4.8 kilometers) to Kensington Market, a vibrant food lover's neighborhood. Kensington Market has a lot more restaurants and cafes to try. Check out Bunner's, a vegan and gluten free bakery, and Cafe Pamenar for coffee.
- Sit Back With Craft Beer: A small brewpub known as Bellwoods Brewery is gaining a lot of tourist attention in Toronto. They have two locations in the city and can deliver beer to your doorstep. The handcrafted beer has won over 30 awards in the last 7 years.
Travel Risks for International Travelers in Toronto
Canada faced a H1N1 flu epidemic in the past. Also called Swine flu, it affects the respiratory system, and can be fatal if not treated immediately.
Adventurous activities like sailing or trekking come with risks. Boating accidents are not uncommon. Toronto files regular cases of accidental drowning.
Toronto Crime Report shows an increase in gun violence and gang related incidents. Tourists face the risk of pickpockets and vehicle robberies.
The unpredictable weather in Toronto can cause travel restrictions. The city experiences wildfires, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, and severe thunderstorms.
Although Canada continues to get inbound travel, their annual growth is low. This results in access issues. The country ranks 120 on the International openness scale. The waiting period for tourist visas is unexpectedly long.
Toronto Travel Medical Insurance for International Travelers - FAQs
While in Toronto, you could get injured while enjoying a fun adventurous activity, or you could get sick due to the cold. Travel medical insurance can ensure your financial security in case of an accident. General medical insurance plans can cover healthcare and emergencies during your stay in Toronto.
Do I need travel medical insurance for Toronto?
The Canadian healthcare system is reliable, and expensive. So, even though you're not legally required to have travel medical insurance, you should still buy a plan before you go to Toronto. Healthcare services are expensive and insurance coverage can secure your finances. It would always be better to have coverage and not need it than not have it and have to pay for the expensive medical bills yourself.
Why buy travel medical insurance for Toronto?
Travel medical insurance acts as a shield to protect you from financial distress. An illness from the cold weather or a trekking accident will require medical assistance. These bills are not reasonable, but the proper insurance can cover it instead of pulling the money from your pocket.
Adventure and travel comes with a little uncertainty. Buy travel medical insurance and throw out your worries about any financial issues.
Toronto Trip Cancellation Insurance for International Travelers - FAQs
While missing a trip due to an emergency will be unfortunate, it would only be made worse by losing all the money from prepaid, non-refundable expenses like hotel reservations and flight tickets. Trip cancellation insurance can be your safety net in these situations for your financial security. This plan includes reimbursement of finances lost due to cancellations or delays when the reason is approved under the plan.
Why buy trip cancellation insurance for Toronto?
Your luggage could go missing or your trip could be canceled due to unforeseen incidents. An emergency could happen at work or a storm could prevent the flight from departing on time. Trip cancellation insurance can cover your finances in situations like these. Read over several plans before selecting the best one for you and your trip as coverages will vary between plans.
What all is covered under trip cancellation insurance for Toronto?
Trip cancellation insurance plans should provide coverages such as trip cancellation due to a covered reason, lost or stolen baggage, and emergency medical evacuation. Again, compare different available plans before you purchase as benefits can vary between plans.
This security blanket will protect you from financial distress while traveling to Toronto. Buy travel insurance and ensure you have a worry-free holiday.
Before You Travel to Toronto - Do This
Any trip should be stress free and filled with adventure. Insurance gives you the peace of mind from unexpected expenditure. There are a few things to keep in mind before you leave for Toronto.
- The Fine Print: Contact your chosen insurance provider and verify your queries on their policies. Companies might showcase numerous plans. Look through the list and pick a plan that best suits your needs.
- When To Buy: You should buy insurance the very same day you book your tickets. The sooner you purchase your travel insurance, the sooner you would have coverage in case an emergency arises.
- Documents and Contact Information: Once you have bought your insurance, get your documents in place, including your insurance card. Keep them together in your carry-on luggage. It is smart to make copies before you leave for your destination and to keep a copy in your vacation residence should a copy become lost or destroyed.
Once you purchase travel insurance, you can enjoy your vacation with the satisfaction that you are financially covered. And the added advantage of the above information to avoid technicality issues.