Pattaya is a fun and exciting travel destination to visit with your family or friends. You can enjoy a lazy day at the beach, enjoy adventurous activities in the waterparks, or gorge away on delicious Thai food. Whatever you do, you won't get bored in Pattaya, because the list of activities is endless.
Before you set off on your journey to Pattaya, give this guide a read. This is not your average article and will let you know in detail about fun activities, things to do, and information about insurance plans. Then, before you leave, be sure to purchase
travel medical insurance or
to protect your finances against unexpected health or travel issues.
Things To Do For Travelers in Pattaya
- Spend a Day at Pattaya Beach: Imagine miles of sandy beach by a crystal blue ocean. That is Pattaya Beach for you. You can go sailing, speed boating, or just sit on one of the chairs by the beach and sunbathe. Pattaya Beach Road is lined with restaurants and food stalls where you can have awesome seafood.
- Visit the Coral Island: You can head over to Coral Island right after you are done exploring Pattaya Beach. The solitude of Coral Island is going to be a welcome change if you are tired of the crowds at Pattaya. You can also head over to Coral Island early one morning, spend a quiet day, and have a delicious lunch.
- Visit Art in Paradise: Bored with traditional art galleries? Art in Paradise is the perfect retreat for you. Artists who contributed to Art in Paradise took creativity to a whole new level. Most pieces are painted directly on the world. Attractions include paintings with optical illusions and recreations of traditional masterpieces.
- Frolic At Water Parks: The water parks in Pattaya are some of the best in the world. The most popular water parks are the Ramayana Water Park and Cartoon Network Amazone Water Park. These parks have numerous rides that you can enjoy with your family or friends.
- Explore the Floating Market: Hire a boat to explore the floating market. You can enjoy delicious food, shop for souvenirs, or drop in at wooden art galleries by the river. The sheer architectural brilliance of this market is worth marveling at.
Travel Risks for International Travelers in Pattaya
- Careful While Swimming: Pattaya's sewage system is not very efficient. Many sewers open near the beaches, polluting the seawater in that area. Many tourists fall sick because of swimming in polluted waters. To make sure you are safe, ask a local before you step into the water.
- Beware While Partying: There are frequent police raids in the nightclubs of Pattaya, mostly to search for drugs. You may get offered a drug at a party, but do not fall for it. Drugs may be abundant in Pattaya, but they are still illegal. You may get arrested and face a legal trial.
- Wear Mosquito-Repellent: Malaria is very common in Pattaya. To make sure you are safe from it, wear a mosquito-repellent lotion right before you step out of your hotel.
- A "Massage" Can Mean More: While walking down certain lanes, many girls may beckon you, asking if you need a massage. However, it is often a code-word for sexual favors. It is illegal. Before you agree to a massage, make sure that you fix the price before getting into the parlor and clarify that the "massage" means a massage and nothing more.
- Beware of Scams: You will encounter people trying to sell you services and products everywhere you go. Do not fall for these traps. They are mostly scammers and con men.
Pattaya Travel Medical Insurance for International Travelers - FAQs
Buying a travel medical insurance plan before making an international trip is a crucial step. It could save you a lot of financial hassle if you fall sick or get injured during your trip to Thailand.
Do I need travel medical insurance for Pattaya?
Yes, it is legally required for visitors to Thailand to purchase travel medical insurance with a minimum coverage of $100,000 for coronavirus-related expenses. Even without the legal requirement, it is still only common sense to purchase health insurance before an international vacation.
Why buy travel medical insurance for Pattaya?
The local cuisine may not suit you. You may suffer from food poisoning and need professional treatment.
You may suffer from a vector-borne disease like dengue or malaria. The treatment procedure for these diseases is lengthy and may be expensive.
You may get injured while taking part in an adventurous activity. If your itinerary includes any adventure sports, you'll need to purchase an add-on hazardous sports travel insurance plan designed to cover activities with higher degrees of risk.
You can also get coverage for emergency medical expenses, emergency medical evacuation, repatriation of remains, and more.
There are many risks involved in your trip to Pattaya. Buy a travel medical insurance plan so that you can seek the best treatment while your insurance company worries about the money.
Pattaya Trip Cancellation Insurance for International Travelers - FAQs
You must be excited about your trip to Pattaya. You must be thinking, who in their right mind would cancel such a fun vacation? But an emergency can always occur, and you might be left with no other choice. Buy a trip cancellation insurance plan that could help with cancellation charges.
Why buy trip cancellation insurance for Pattaya?
Pattaya often experiences sudden flooding, which makes the city inaccessible. You may also have a personal emergency and want to cancel your trip. Trip cancellation insurance can reimburse you the full amount of your prepaid, non-refundable expenses if you have to cancel your trip for a reason explicitly included in the policy's certificate wording. Review this fine print before purchase for a better understanding of situations that would or wouldn't be covered. The most common reasons for cancellation, like falling ill before the trip or a work-related emergency, are covered in most standard plans.
What all is covered under travel insurance for Pattaya?
Beyond trip cancellation insurance, travel insurance offers a wide variety of benefits like trip interruption coverage for a covered reason, trip delay coverage, missed connection coverage, baggage loss coverage, and more.
You can never be too safe. To make sure that your wallet is protected against sudden expenses, buy a travel insurance plan so that you can enjoy your trip with minimal worries.
Before You Travel to Pattaya: Do This
You are almost prepared to book your tickets for your next great adventure. Before you go, consider the following suggestions.
Always take off your shoes before approaching a Buddha statue. Not doing so is considered disrespectful.
Only get into a taxi which has a meter so that the driver can't charge you excessively.
Before you go, make sure that you have a
travel medical insurance plan or a
travel insurance plan
that meets your needs. Compare your options, and select the one that matches your itinerary, your budget, and your destination.