Da Nang is the third-largest city in Vietnam. Located on the Eastern Sea Coast, Da Nang lies in between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. It is also known as the "city of bridges" owing to the unique architecture. Beautiful beaches stretch along the city to offer a relaxing experience.
Da Nang is a city with a remarkable cultural and historical heritage. You can visit the museums to get a glance at its rich history. It is also surrounded by four UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Plan at least a weeklong trip to Da Nang to fully enjoy this beautiful Vietnamese city.
Travel safely and worry-free to your favorite destination with travel insurance. Buy travel insurance or travel medical insurance for Da Nang, and have one less thing to worry about.
Things To Do For Travelers in Da Nang
Da Nang is a diverse city when it comes to natural landscapes. Beautiful beaches, green mountains, and a rich cultural heritage make Da Nang one of the most preferred travel destinations. It is a charming city with a lot to do in and around it. Da Nang is a great travel destination for both solo and group travelers. Here is our list of the best five things to do in Da Nang:
Visit the Golden Bridge Hands
This fascinating bridge is a must-see when in Da Nang. You will get the best view from Bana Hills. When seen from a distance, it looks like two big hands holding a bridge. It is a 150-meter (almost 500-foot) pedestrian bridge that connects the cable car station with gardens.
Explore the Marble Mountains
Located in the south of Da Nang, the Marble Mountain is a cluster of five marble and limestone mountains. The five mountains are named after the five elements: Kim, Thuy, Tho, Moc, and Hoa. These mountains host many Buddhist and Hindu caves.
Visit My Son Sanctuary
My Son sanctuary is a couple of hours' drive away from the city. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The sanctuary is a cluster of abandoned Hindu temples from the 4th to 14th centuries.
Enjoy a panoramic view at the Ba Na Hills
One of the most attractive destinations, Ba Na Hills is a hill station and resort that is located in the Truong Son Mountains. Magnificent hills offer a beautiful panoramic view.
Soak in the sun at the My Khe Beach
The 32-kilometer (20-mile) My Khe Beach is a picturesque beach in Da Nang. This white sandy beach was named by the American troops who visited the place during the Vietnam War.
Travel Risks For International Travelers in Da Nang
Da Nang is one of the most preferred destinations to visit in Vietnam. It is a safe city to travel to. However, any unforeseen circumstances or accidents can ruin the experience for you. Here is a list of a few travel risks that might hamper your trip to Da Nang:
- Drive safely in Da Nang. Do not drink and drive in the city (or anywhere else) as it can be quite dangerous. Roads are risky, and driving with caution is important.
- Flight cancellations or flight delays can spoil your entire trip. Make sure to have a trip cancellation insurance plan in case of this unfortunate event.
- Da Nang is a safe place to travel with a low crime rate. However, it is best to keep your valuables locked away. Also, make sure to keep your passport, visa, and other important documents safe.
- A medical emergency can also hamper your happy trip. Be prepared for any kind of medical emergency with travel medical insurance.
Travel insurance and travel medical insurance provide risk coverage and protect you from major threats during a trip. Buy an insurance plan prior to your trip to travel worry-free.
Da Nang Travel Medical Insurance for International Travelers - FAQs
Da Nang provides good medical facilities, but they can be expensive. Government-run medical centers are good but often crowded. Travel medical insurance will keep you covered in case of a medical emergency. It could pay for any sudden medical illness.
Do I need travel medical insurance for Da Nang?
As of May 15, 2022, the requirement for travel insurance to enter Vietnam has ended, and coverage is now optional. All remaining COVID-19 entry restrictions have ended as well. However, it is highly recommended to buy travel medical insurance, and travel to Da Nang without any worry.
Why buy travel medical insurance for Da Nang?
Travel medical insurance can help pay for any sudden illness in a foreign land. Take time to read all the inclusions and exclusions and make a well-planned decision. A travel medical insurance plan can cover emergency medical expenses, emergency medical evacuation or repatriation, the return of mortal remains, accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), and more.
Da Nang Trip Cancellation Insurance for International Travelers - FAQs
Trip cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances may cost you a lot. A trip cancellation insurance plan can keep you protected from losing your money in case you have to cancel your trip or a part of your tour within the parameters of the policy.
Why buy trip cancellation insurance for Da Nang?
Trip cancellation insurance can reimburse you for your prepaid, non-refundable expenses if you have to cancel your trip for a reason included in your policy's certificate wording. Before purchase, be sure to review this fine print carefully for a full understanding of what circumstances would and wouldn't be covered. The exact list of reasons varies by plan; however, the most common reasons for cancellation (like falling ill before your trip, the sickness or death of a loved one, or a work-related emergency) are usually covered under most standard plans.
What all is covered under trip cancellation insurance for Da Nang?
A trip cancellation insurance plan for Da Nang may cover your trip charges such as:
- Airline tickets
- Event tickets
- Cruise line tickets
- Tour packages
- Rental car
It is best to buy travel insurance prior to your trip to enjoy it with peace of mind.
Before You Travel to Da Nang: Do These
Now that you are ready with an itinerary, it is good to know what to do before you travel to Da Nang. Here is our list of three things that you should do before your trip:
- Da Nang is a city of culture and history. It hosts many events and festivals. Book your tickets to include at least one of the festivals in your itinerary.
- The official currency of Da Nang is the Vietnamese Dong. However, American dollars are widely accepted. Check to see if your credit and debit cards will be accepted in Da Nang. You can also invest in a travel wallet to keep your important items and documents out of reach of pickpockets.
- Get proper insurance coverage before your trip to Da Nang. It is important to get a travel insurance or travel medical insurance plan that can cover the costs of trip cancellation or medical care. Enter some basic information about your trip, review several options, and select the plan that best fits your own personal needs.