Medical Evacuation & Repatriation Insurance

Medical Evacuation and Repatriation Insurance - Supplemental J visa insurance

Medical Evacuation & Repatriation Insurance

J visa insurance regulations require all J visa holders to purchase an insurance plan that includes emergency medical evacuation and repatriation coverage. Those very important coverages are necessary for someone traveling to USA from overseas. However, medical insurance provided through school normally does not provide such coverage.

Do you need emergency medical evacuation and repatriation only coverage?

Buy low cost supplemental insurance today and be compliant with your visa regulations.

Planning for international travel or study abroad?

Medical evacuation and repatriation insurance is meant to provide supplemental insurance to J visa holders that already have health insurance through their school.

The U.S. Department of State, which mandates the following minimum insurance requirements for J visa holders:

  • Medical: $100,000/incident
  • Emergency medical evacuation: $50,000
  • Repatriation of remains: $25,000

Many J1 visa holders take medical coverage through their school that they are mandated to have. Even though the medical coverage provided is excellent and covers a lot more than the minimum required $100,000/incident, it does not provide any emergency medical evacuation or repatriation of remains coverage. That is because the school provides the same insurance plans to the local U.S. citizens also attending the school. Domestic insurance plans have no such need to provide coverage for medical evacuation or repatriation to local participants; therefore, the medical coverage provided by the University does not meet the J visa insurance requirements.

Fortunately, Atlas MedEvac insurance was created specifically to meet J visa requirements. The coverage it provides is exactly what is needed to supplement the medical coverage (already provided by school) to meet J visa insurance requirements.

Atlas MedEvac insurance will help you supplement your existing domestic medical insurance to comply with J visa insurance requirements.

Atlas MedEvac insurance provides emergency medical evacuation and repatriation of remains coverage to J visa holders and exchange students. Coverage is available to non US Citizens at least 14 days of age and no more than 50 years old while traveling outside their home country. Atlas MedEvac costs only 18 cents a day.

For J visa holders that need a single insurance plan that meet all of the above requirements, we have several J visa insurance plans that are fully compliant.

Atlas MedEvac insurance is underwritten by Lloyd's and is rated A ("Excellent") by A.M. Best.

Did you know?

Prices are regulated by law.

You cannot find a lower price anywhere for the same product.

Learn More

Why buy insurance from Insubuy?

Same Price. Better Service.®

There are many advantages in purchasing from Insubuy and no disadvantages.

Learn More

Visiting USA?

Healthcare costs are very high in the U.S.

Buy U.S. based visitors insurance and enjoy your trip.

Learn More

Traveling abroad?

Did you know that your insurance may not cover you abroad or that it may only provide limited coverage?

Purchase travel medical insurance that includes emergency medical evacuation.

Learn More

New immigrant to USA?

You are not eligible to enroll in Medicare for the first 5 years.

Purchase new immigrant medical insurance to bridge the gap.

Learn More

Going on a vacation?

You could lose your non-refundable trip costs if you had to cancel your trip.

Buy a trip cancellation insurance package plan and be worry-free.

Learn More

Are you an exchange visitor to USA?

The U.S. Department of State requires all J visa holders to purchase compliant insurance.

Buy J visa medical insurance to meet your requirements.

Learn More

Traveling to Europe?

Schengen countries require most non-US citizens to purchase Schengen visa insurance.

Make an instant purchase online and get instant visa letter.

Learn More

Traveling frequently throughout the year?

You don't need to purchase travel insurance for every trip.

Purchase annual multi trip travel insurance for your travels.

Learn More

International student in the U.S.?

Most schools require international students to purchase health insurance.

Purchase international student health insurance that meets most school requirements.

Learn More