Cyprus is just the right travel destination for you. It offers unlimited fun to travelers all throughout the year.
The stunning island of Cyprus is located in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea. Since ancient times, Cyprus has been famous for its beautiful scenery, delicious wine, and rich mineral deposits.
Cyprus has all the ingredients to make your vacation a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Cyprus is home to ancient ruins, pristine beaches, majestic mountains, vibrant city life, exotic Mediterranean cuisine, and striking turquoise sea waters. Before you leave to check out all that Cyprus has to offer, make sure you buy
travel insurance or
travel medical insurance
to cover any unforeseen accidents, illnesses, or injuries.
Things to Do for Travelers in Cyprus
Cyprus has plenty of options for all types of travelers. Whether you are a single traveler or a family, a party buff or history enthusiast, a wine expert or food connoisseur, Cyprus promises a pleasurable time for all.
Here’s a list of “Must-Do’s” during your vacation to Cyprus:
- Take the trip down history lane: Cyprus has a rich history dating back almost 10,000 years. There is absolutely no dearth of historical and ancient sites on the island. Make sure you visit the ancient site of Kourion and Salamis to experience the ancient Byzantine culture and architecture.
- Swim the seas: Cyprus offers sandy beaches, safe swimming waters, and plenty of water sports. What more can you ask for? Cyprus is also home to some of the world’s best spots for deep-sea diving. Choose from swimming among ancient shipwrecks, colorful coral reefs, submerged ancient caves, and rich marine life for an awesome diving experience.
- Get a taste of Cyprus’ party capital: If it’s a rocking nightlife or party life that you are looking for, welcome to Cyprus. Visit the many bars, go nightclub-hopping, or simply explore the beach-side promenades for an unlimited party experience.
- Go wine-tasting: Believe it or not, Cypriot wine has a history of more than 5,500 years. Ride down the Commandaria Wine Route. Explore more than fourteen ancient villages renowned for the finest wines all around the world.
- The magic of the whirling dervish shows: North Nicosia in Cyprus is home to the magical whirling dervish shows. Year after year, these exceptional performances charm audiences with their mesmerizing beauty.
Travel Risks for International Travelers in Cyprus
Every year, thousands of international travelers come to Cyprus. Cyprus is a relatively safe holiday destination. But here are some travel risks that foreign tourists need to consider:
- Extreme weather: Cyprus lies in an active seismic zone. Unexpected extreme weather could force you to alter your travel plans.
- Unreliable agencies: Indulging in adventure water-sports is one of the most popular activities on the island. However, unreliable sports agencies may not adhere to safety standards. In such cases, tourists often pay the high price of meeting with an accident.
- Health Risks: Food and beverage sanitation conditions are not safe in all parts of Cyprus. Tourists should be very cautious before eating or drinking out. It is also advisable to get a hepatitis A and typhoid vaccine before flying to Cyprus.
Cyprus Travel Medical Insurance for International Travelers – FAQs
Cyprus is an unlimited entertainment vacation destination. No one wants to worry about illness during a dream holiday. However, falling ill on the island can ruin your beautiful vacation. It may also lead to heavy financial damage.
A travel medical insurance plan can’t prevent you from falling ill, but it could save you from the huge financial cost of obtaining medical aid on foreign shores.
Do I need travel medical insurance for Cyprus?
It is not required by law to carry medical insurance for tourists in Cyprus, but it is highly recommended to buy Cyprus travel medical insurance.
Travel insurance for Cyprus ensures a stress-free travel experience. Healthcare facilities in Cyprus are limited. Tourists often prefer medical evacuation or repatriation to access better healthcare facilities. Travel medical insurance can provide insurance coverage for repatriation expenses, medical evacuation costs, and ambulatory services.
Why buy travel medical insurance for Cyprus?
Travel medical insurance is your safest bet against most health-related expenses. It can safeguard you from mounting bills that may arise due to an illness, accident, injury, or hospitalization during your vacation in Cyprus.
Most international travelers to Cyprus prefer to buy Cyprus travel medical insurance before they board their international flight.
By paying a little extra for a travel medical insurance, international travelers may be able to reap several benefits like:
Insurance coverage as well as facilitating medical evacuation and repatriation
Financial protection against physician charges, specialist doctor fees, follow-up consultations, and physiotherapy charges
Coverage including hospitalization charges, hospital room charges, surgery, operation-theatre fees, x-rays and other scans, medication, and blood tests
If you are planning to enjoy water sports such as snorkelling, deep-sea diving, and other adventure activities, make sure you buy plan that includes coverage for these activities.
Cyprus Trip Cancellation Insurance for International Travelers – FAQs
Most tourists dread the heavy cancellation costs and losing their deposit money in case of a canceled or shortened trip.
It’s a double blow: You don’t get to go on your dream vacation, and you end up paying through the roof for cancellation fees.
Trip cancellation insurance could very well be able to protect you from those stinging cancellation fees.
Why buy trip cancellation insurance for Cyprus?
More often than not, the best deals on hotel rooms, cruise rates, airline tickets, opera tickets, or tour packages require you to make prepaid, non-refundable deposits. And if something goes wrong, you tend to lose all your deposit money.
But savvy travelers who buy a trip cancellation insurance policy may not have anything to worry about. A trip cancellation insurance policy can cover the pain of costly cancellations for policy-approved reasons. Be sure to read the fine print so you know what reasons for cancellation would and wouldn’t be covered.
Cyprus travel insurance for tourists can act as armor that protects you from losing your non-refundable charges. It can also provide compensation for other expenses that may occur if you have to interrupt your trip while you’re already there (again, for a covered reason as described in your policy).
What all is covered under trip cancellation insurance for Cyprus?
Cyprus travel insurance is a one-stop-shop for all your insurance needs during a vacation abroad. There are several benefits of buying Cyprus travel insurance for tourists. It can provide several other advantages along with financial coverage for trip cancellations:
Provides monetary insurance coverage against flight delay or flight cancellations due to bad weather conditions, missed connections, natural calamity, or political unrest
Arranges for consular support in case of any problems during your vacation like lost passport, political unrest, or strikes
Provides financial assistance in case of loss of cash, currency, credit cards, traveler's cheques, or other valuables
Helps arrange hotel accommodation in case of flight cancellations, missed connections, or other unforeseen events.
Before You Travel to Cyprus…
During your trip to Cyprus, you shall be exploring diverse places. You may probably end up going from a beach to a historical or religious monument on the same day. Keep in mind the local clothing restrictions. Plan your wardrobe wisely and pack accordingly.
If you are planning to drive around the island, you may want to carry an International Driving Permit. The International Driving Permit helps you get the best rental car deals and also lowers the rental insurance cost substantially.
Compare your options, and buy the Cyprus travel insurance plan that best fits your needs. It’s time to say “Yiasoo” or “Merhaaba” to this gorgeous island.