Orlando, also known as the Theme Park Capital of the World, is one of the most popular family destinations not only in the U.S., but in the entire world.
This beautiful city in Florida has much more to offer than just theme parks, though. There are numerous fun entertainment choices in Florida for all types of travelers. Come to Orlando to enjoy different sporting events, NASA’s Kennedy Space Center, beaches, designer outlet malls, and beautiful parks.
Plan every minute of your vacation in Orlando. But before you leave, be sure to compare, choose, and buy a
travel insurance plan or a
visitors medical insurance plan
so that you know uncertainties won’t spoil your travel.
Orlando’s Most Popular Destinations
- Theme Parks Galore: Orlando is a must-visit destination for theme park fans. Explore the popular theme parks like Disney’s Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot Center, LEGO Land, Sea World, Gator Land, and Universal Studios. Each theme park is a different and unique experience. Take home memories that will last a lifetime.
- Kennedy Space Center: Kennedy Space Center is every astronaut-lover’s dream come true. Here, you can explore NASA’s space flight facility, meet retired NASA astronauts, visit multi-user spaceports, and learn about NASA’s behind-the-scenes sites.
- International Drive: International Drive is one of Orlando’s most hip and happening commercial thoroughfares. This 11.1-mile (almost 18-kilometer) drive offers a variety of entertainment choices like shopping, dining, nightlife, bars, dinner shops, sports arcades, and fun attractions including the giant Ferris Wheel, the Orlando Eye.
- Blue Spring State Park: The Blue Spring State Park is the natural home of the giant “sea-cows”, better known as manatees. A visit to Blue Spring State Park is a welcome getaway from the hustle and bustle of Orlando’s many theme parks. Visitors may take a guided boat cruise on the St. John’s River or even explore the park by hiking, canoeing, or kayaking.
- Airboat Rides: If you are interested in exploring Florida’s natural swamps or wetland habitats, a short drive from Orlando’s theme parks will take you to these natural beauties. Take an airboat ride for an exhilarating experience of these mysterious wetlands.
Key Guidelines for Travelers in Orlando
- Weather: There are frequent hurricanes in Orlando during its hurricane season, which extends from June to November. Tropical storms are common during this period. Visitors may experience heavy rains accompanied by strong winds and flooding. These kinds of extreme weather conditions may also lead to flight delays and cancellations.
- Petty crime: Orlando is a family destination with a reasonably low threat of petty crimes. However, travelers should always be careful of pickpockets. Tourists should also steer clear of scammers out on the streets who offer bargain deals on fake designer clothing, bags, and watches.
- Equipment safety: There are endless outdoor adventure activities in Orlando. These include boating, kayaking, biking, canoeing, hot-air balloon rides, tree-trekking, driving an ATV, and fishing, to name a few. Remember to check the safety equipment before embarking on your joy ride.
- Alligator Attacks: Florida is home to close to one million alligators that live in its wetland ecosystems. In rare circumstances, tourists may come across alligators and snakes during their stay in Orlando. Pay attention to safety signs that may be posted in areas with high wildlife activity.
Visitors Medical Insurance for Travelers in Orlando - FAQs
Nobody wants to fall ill while they are enjoying roller-coaster rides and a photo opportunity with Mickey Mouse. Healthcare and medical facilities in Orlando are quite expensive. Buy a visitors medical insurance plan for peace of mind during your dream vacation. An Orlando visitors medical insurance plan can help protect you from high medical bills in the unfortunate event of an accident or illness during your stay in Orlando.
Why buy visitors medical insurance before travelling to Orlando?
Depending on the plan you purchase, an Orlando visitors medical insurance plan can offer a wide variety of benefits, including:
Emergency medical expenses
PPO Network participation
Coverage of acute onset of pre-existing conditions
Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation
Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage
What should I look for in my Orlando visitors medical insurance plan?
There are various visitors medical insurance plans that are available to suit the requirements of different types of travelers. Be sure to pick a plan that matches your itinerary, your destination, and your budget. For example, if you’re planning to participate in any hazardous sports activities, be sure your plan offers coverage for this elevated level of risk. It is useless to purchase the first plan you find, only to realize afterward that it won’t cover any of the activities you have planned.
Trip Cancellation Insurance for Travelers in Orlando - FAQs
Undesirable events like flight cancellations or delays, trip cancellation due to an illness or emergency, loss of passport, loss of baggage, and missed flights can leave you disappointed. But it can also cause financial loss due to loss of deposits and cancellation charges. Smart travelers buy trip cancellation insurance as a safety net against the financial burdens arising from such unfortunate situations.
Why should I get trip cancellation insurance for my Orlando travel?
Trip cancellation insurance can help reimburse the prepaid, non-refundable trip costs you put down if you have to cancel for a reason explicitly listed in your policy’s certificate wording. Be sure to check the fine print of your plan so that you know which situations are (and aren’t) covered. However, most standard trip cancellation insurance plans cover common scenarios like flight cancellation or delays, if you or a travel companion falls ill, work-related emergencies, getting called for jury duty, and so on.
What should I look for in my Orlando trip cancellation insurance plan?
Consider family plans: If you are travelling along with your spouse and family, ensure that your insurance plan covers the entire family.
Adventure activities: Ensure that your insurance coverage in Orlando includes all the fun and thrilling activities that you are planning to enjoy. You can always purchase an additional extreme sports rider plan to be sure these activities are covered.
Before You Travel to Orlando, Do These
- Pack comfortable clothing: The weather in Orlando often turns hot and humid. So, check the weather forecast and plan your travel wardrobe accordingly. Also, walking through theme parks can be quite an exhausting experience. Pack comfortable footwear to enjoy the theme park experience to the fullest.
- Buy the Lightning Pass or Group Pass: A lot of travelers don’t know about the Lightning or Priority Pass. By paying a little extra, you can buy this Priority Pass that helps you beat the long lines for all the attractions. It’s called different names at different parks, so be sure to research each individual park’s priority pass and the benefits it offers.
- Buy Orlando travel insurance: Don’t forget to buy Orlando travel insurance to ensure that you don’t end up paying through the roof for flight, theme-park, or hotel cancellations. A trip to Orlando is a beautiful experience. Enjoy a stress-free and fun vacation. Buy travel insurance for you and your loved ones.