Kazakhstan is the largest landlocked country in the world. Although it doesn’t have direct access to any oceans, it does have some rivers flowing from within it.
From massive glaciers to deserts, from canyons to places of historical importance, Kazakhstan has it all.
Kazakhstan offers you ample spots to trek, hike, swim, shop, and relax. Without any second thoughts, traveling to Kazakhstan will become one of the best vacations in your entire life. Before you take off for Kazakhstan, be sure to buy travel insurance or travel medical insurance to stay protected against any unexpected accidents, illnesses, or injuries on your trip.
Kazakhstan Travel Medical Insurance for International Travelers – FAQs
Accidents are unforeseen, and when you’re in a foreign destination, not being prepared can be confusing. It can become a cause of concern physically, mentally, and financially.
The healthcare system in Kazakhstan is average, and you might prefer to get evacuated to better facilities. This can become easier and less costly when you have bought travel medical insurance.
Do I need travel medical insurance for Kazakhstan?
Yes, buying travel medical insurance before traveling to Kazakhstan is mandatory.
Why buy travel medical insurance for Kazakhstan?
Hiking, horseback riding, or indulging in water sports can cause accidental injuries when you are on holiday in Kazakhstan. You might have to be evacuated if the injuries are serious.
When you have appropriate travel medical coverage, you won’t have to worry about unnecessary spending in case of a medical emergency.
You must buy Kazakhstan travel medical insurance to ensure you enjoy a stress-free vacation.
Kazakhstan Trip Cancellation Insurance for International Travelers - FAQs
You may have to cancel your trip due to events that are not in your control. Your trip or flight can get canceled due to circumstances like natural calamities or unethical tour agencies.
A trip cancellation insurance policy can save you from the financial repercussions of flight or trip cancellation if it is due to a reason covered in the policy. If your reason for cancellation is included in the certificate wording, then you can get reimbursed for any prepaid, non-refundable expenses you put down in preparation for your trip.
Why buy trip cancellation insurance for Kazakhstan?
Canceled trips can be a financial burden for tourists, as the bookings and payments are made in advance. When you buy trip cancellation insurance, you can reduce the risk of financial losses due to trip cancellations by either party.
What all is covered under trip cancellation insurance for Kazakhstan?
Trip cancellation insurance in Kazakhstan can include the following:
- Trip cancellation for a covered reason
- Trip interruption for a covered reason
- Baggage loss
- Canceled car rentals, cruise and hotel bookings
- Cashless medical care
- Medical evacuation
Before you buy Kazakhstan travel insurance for your trip, be sure to carefully review what all is included in the coverage to enjoy a peaceful vacation.
Things to Do for Travelers in Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan is one country that can give you a relaxing time at the beach as well as an amazing time in the desert. From modern cities to historical spots, Kazakhstan will keep you engaged throughout your trip.
Every minute you spend in Kazakhstan is worth your time, and here are the top experiences that prove that it is a vacationer’s paradise:
- Water Fun at Borovoe Beach: Also known as the Switzerland of Kazakhstan, Borovoe is a must-visit location. This city doesn’t get too hot during the summers, and you can meet people from different parts of the world holidaying here. Authorities organize various types of lake activities at the beach for visitors so that they enjoy their time with family and friends. Even if you are looking for a relaxing time, this beach is the perfect spot for it.
- Camping in Charyn Canyon: It is a part of the Charyn National Park, which stretches more than 150 kilometers (over 93 miles) on the bank of the Charyn River. The wind, water, and sand have sculpted the canyon’s sandstones into amazing shapes and colors that range from deep orange to light brown. Five different canyons make up the Charyn Canyon. Out of all five canyons that are a part of Charyn Canyon, The Valley of Castles is the most famous. You can visit this canyon in a single day, but you will need more time if you want to further explore the area. You can join a group to camp in the area and enjoy the beauty of this place.
- Spend a day at the historical city of Semey: This city in Kazakhstan is known for its fascinating architecture and resplendent monuments that it has conserved for centuries. The Museum of History and Local Study and Nevzorov’s Art Museum are well known for their classic Russian arts.
- Trek in the Turgen Gorge: The Turgen Gorge is a part of the famous Ile Alatau National Park and is an amazing experience for trekkers. The dense, emerald green forests, sparkling blue lakes, alpine meadows, and seven waterfalls are a treat to the eyes. The beauty of this place can be explored by either hiking, riding a mountain bike, or on horseback.
- Visit the Thrilling Abandoned Film Set: Also known as Nomad’s Land, this film set is located beside the Ili River in the center of the Kazakh grassland. This famous film set was left abandoned after the shooting of a bilingual (French and Kazakh) movie – Nomad. You can spend a few hours in this majestic set taking pictures and making memories to last a lifetime.
Travel Risks for International Travelers in Kazakhstan
Slowly yet steadily, Kazakhstan is seeing a surge in tourist footfalls. This Central Asian country can be considered safe for tourists apart from some random risks that international travelers may run into.
The following are some common things that tourists to Kazakhstan should keep in mind:
- Before traveling to Kazakhstan, along with the routine vaccines for MMR, TDAP, and so on, get vaccinated for diseases that you can contract while on your trip to this country.
- Injuries due to water sports or hiking are possible in Kazakhstan as much as they are anywhere else. Therefore, trained tour guides that are properly licensed can help you stay safe.
- Scams, robberies, corrupt officials, and muggings can pose risks for international travelers. Be aware of dodgy private cabs. Avoid secluded places after dark, and don’t use local transportation.
- Hiring local guides to take you around the country is the right thing to do. But some unethical agencies can dupe tourists as well, so do your research before you book your travel to reduce the chances of falling for a scam.
Before You Travel to Kazakhstan…
For a winter trip, pack warm clothes. And for summers, pack a lot of sunscreen.
Double-check that you have your visa, travel insurance, passport, and other important documents. Make copies, and keep them safe along with the original ones.
Bring a comfortable pair of walking shoes if you are looking forward to hiking.
Buy travel insurance before you leave for your trip to Kazakhstan. Enter some basic information about your trip, compare a wide variety of plans side by side, and select the one that best fits the needs of your itinerary, your budget, and your destination.