Copenhagen seems like a place right out of the movie "Frozen". Most of the year, you will see snow as far as the eye can see. Visit Copenhagen to enjoy historical architecture co-existing with modern infrastructure. Copenhagen is studded with tourist attractions that you will fall in love with. Read this guide till the end to make sure that you know all about popular tourist attractions, travel warnings, and travel insurance plans. And before you leave on your trip, purchase
travel insurance or
travel medical insurance
as protection against unexpected accidents or illnesses.
Things to Do for Travelers in Copenhagen
Copenhagen in itself is a marvel. It is filled with stone and brick buildings and cobblestone streets lined with rose bushes. When in Copenhagen, make sure that you do not forget to visit these places.
- Christiania: This quaint village is only fifteen minutes away from Copenhagen. It is a paradise for art lovers. You will see graffiti and murals everywhere you look. You can shop for boho jewelry, souvenirs, and paintings. You can also enjoy live performances and even join in if you feel like it. Honestly, if you are an explorer at heart, you won't ever feel like coming back.
- Tivoli Gardens: Tivoli is the second-oldest amusement park in the world and lives up to its name. If you are looking forward to pushing your limits, try one of the wild rides at Tivoli. Tivoli Gardens also hosts musical performances, ballet shows, and dramas. Spend an entire day at Tivoli, dine on the amazing food available at the food court, and enjoy a performance in the evening.
- The Little Mermaid Statue: You are all familiar with the tragic tale of the little mermaid, right? But did you know that the little mermaid still sits on a rock by the sea, staring at the castle, hoping to see her prince? The Little Mermaid statue was installed in 1913, and she has been the pride of Denmark ever since. The statue is often taken away for exhibitions, but if you are lucky enough, you will be able to catch a glimpse.
- H.C. Andersen's Fairytale House: Speaking of the Little Mermaid, how would you like visiting a complex with live exhibits of some of your favorite fairy tales? That is H.C. Andersen's Fairytale House for you. Besides the live exhibits, you can also see the house where Andersen spent his life and some of the items he used.
- National Museum of Denmark: The National Museum of Denmark proudly houses centuries of historical artifacts. From Viking weapons to mummies to Greek sculptures, you name it, it's there. Spend an entire day at the museum. When you finally leave, you will feel that you have grown smarter.
Travel Risks for International Travelers in Copenhagen
- Always Carry Winter Garments: Are you visiting in May? It doesn't matter, as the weather in Copenhagen is always capable of getting chilly. Make sure that you carry enough coats, jackets, gloves, and thermals.
- Do Not Take a Cab: They're unnecessarily expensive. Take the bus or the metro instead. The best way to explore Copenhagen, however, is on a bicycle. There are separate lanes for bikers, and you will get to enjoy the beauty of the city at your own pace while you travel from one spot to the next.
- Do Not Conceal Your Face: Wearing garments that conceal your face is illegal in Denmark unless it is for a health reason. You may get arrested or fined if you fail to comply.
- Say No to Drugs: While visiting Christiania, you will see many people using or trading drugs in the open. Do not step into this trap. Danish law is very strict about drug use. It could lead to a heavy fine or imprisonment.
- Buy Travel Insurance Plans: Do not visit Denmark without a
travel medical insurance plan or a
trip cancellation insurance plan. Denmark is an expensive country. If you encounter a medical emergency or have to suddenly cancel your trip, you will lose a lot of money unless your trip is insured.
Copenhagen Travel Medical Insurance for International Travelers - FAQs
You do not expect to fall sick during your trip and, hence, you probably see no point preparing for it. However, if a medical emergency does occur and you need medical help, you stand at the risk of spending a fortune on your treatment. Avoid this burden by protecting yourself with a travel medical insurance plan instead.
Do I need travel medical insurance for Copenhagen?
It is not legally mandatory to buy travel medical insurance before traveling to Copenhagen. However, the cost of healthcare for tourists is sky-high in Denmark. If you do not have a travel medical insurance plan, you may end up depleting your budget by paying hospital bills in case of an emergency.
Why buy travel medical insurance for Copenhagen?
The weather in Denmark is unusually cold. You may catch a fever if your body does not adapt to the cold. While it can be easily treated, you will still need treatment.
You'll get coverage for emergency medical expenses.
You can get coverage in case you need emergency medical evacuation
You may be able to extend your coverage duration in case your trip runs longer than planned.
Eliminate the risk of spending a fortune on your treatment by buying a travel medical insurance plan, and enjoy your trip with a little less to worry about.
Copenhagen Trip Cancellation Insurance for International Travelers - FAQs
No one in their right mind wants to cancel a trip they spent time and money preparing to take. But a mishap or last-minute emergency might leave you with no other choice. For a chance at seeing some of that money again, book a trip cancellation insurance plan.
Why buy trip cancellation insurance for Copenhagen?
Flights and hotels in Denmark are expensive. If you need to cancel your trip suddenly, you stand at the risk of losing a lot of money. Trip cancellation insurance can reimburse you for your prepaid, non-refundable trip expenses if you have to cancel for a reason covered by the policy. Be sure to review your certificate wording (before purchase!) for a full understanding of what reasons for cancellation are eligible for benefits. The most common ones—like getting sick before departure, a family member getting sick or passing away, or work-related emergencies, for example—are usually covered under most standard plans.
What all is covered under travel insurance for Copenhagen?
In addition to trip cancellation benefits, travel insurance can also offer:
It is nearly impossible to eliminate all risks before traveling. Buying a travel insurance plan will enable you to enjoy your trip without worrying about money.
Before You Travel to Copenhagen - Do This
You are almost ready to book your flight. Before you proceed, consider these final tips.
Copenhagen has many community parks and gardens which are not tourist spots, but they are beautiful nonetheless. Consider visiting one of them with a picnic basket.
If in doubt about directions, approach a local. They are proud of their city and will help you out with pleasure.
travel medical insurance plan or a
travel insurance plan
so that you can enjoy a trip without risking financial disaster. Enter some basic information about your trip, review your options, and select the plan that best matches the needs of your trip.