Honolulu is much more than Hawaii’s capital city. The largest city on the Hawaiian Islands offers the quintessential island life experience to visitors from all around the world.
Honolulu boasts of the brilliant blue waters of the Pacific Ocean, pristine beaches, adventure sports, and gorgeous hotels. This cosmopolitan city is also rich in native Polynesian culture and has exciting shopping markets, electrifying nightlife, and of course, water as far as the eye can see.
The city sees more than 10 million visitors every year. It is hugely popular among youngsters, solo travelers, families, seniors, and corporate groups.
If you are planning to say “Aloha” to this beautiful city, it’s time for you to buy
travel insurance or
visitors medical insurance
as coverage against unexpected accidents or illnesses.
Honolulu’s Most Popular Places for Travel
Honolulu lies on Oahu Island. Both the city as well as the island offer unparalleled experiences to travelers. Come to Honolulu and take home a bottomless treasure chest of memories. Here’s a checklist of ideas to make your visit to Honolulu truly unforgettable:
- Go whale watching: Don’t make the mistake of returning home from Honolulu without going whale watching in the Pacific Ocean. Take a guided tour or a chartered boat to catch a glimpse of the humpback whales that breed in the warm Hawaiian waters.
- Snorkel the seas: The clear turquoise waters of Honolulu are perfect for snorkelling or scuba diving. The water temperature is also ideal for a snorkelling exploration. Dip into the aquamarine waters of the Pacific Ocean, where you can swim with dolphins, turtles, needlefish, eels, and thousands of tropical fish.
- Bask on the sands of Waikiki Beach: Honolulu is synonymous with Waikiki Beach. This iconic beach has been in the limelight since the days of Hawaiian royalty way back in the 1800s. Today, Waikiki Beach is equally popular among visitors owing to its flourishing shopping markets, restaurants, bars, night-life, water-sports, and stunning hotels.
- Walk the untrodden path: Believe it or not, Honolulu offers several walking trails and hikes to visitors. If you are looking for some downtime to explore Honolulu’s unexplored wilderness, take the hiking trail to Makapu’u Lighthouse. Enjoy spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and discover fun attractions like an obscured blowhole, unexplored tide pools, and forgotten Hawaiian history.
- Fly the Hawaiian skies: If you are an adventure aficionado, you are sure to enjoy a helicopter ride over Honolulu. This exhilarating flight is one of the best ways to experience not just the city of Honolulu, but its surrounding areas as well. Fly over the famous Pearl Harbor and USS Arizona Memorial. You would also get to see dramatic aerial views of Oahu’s North Shore, South Shore, Sacred Falls, Windward Coast, and other landmarks.
Key Guidelines for Travelers in Honolulu
- Tourist Safety: Honolulu is a very safe destination for travelers. However, it is always advisable for visitors to be careful with their valuables, cash, jewelry, and passports. They should be extra careful while withdrawing cash from ATMs. Also, be wary of shady agents who promise to get you the “best deals” on famous tourist attractions and disappear with your deposit.
- Car and Driving Safety: Most tourists visiting Honolulu prefer to rent a car or a bike to explore its scenic beauty and tourist attractions. Sometimes tourists may drive rashly, leading to traffic hazards. Very often, tourists may park their vehicles in unmarked zones near the beach. While convenient, this may lead to the car sinking in the beach sand, and stranded tourists may need to call in emergency tow trucks to unearth their cars.
- Trail and Hiking Hazards: Taking an undue risk for clicking the perfect selfie can be a dangerous idea. A lot of tourists often fall into crevices or the ocean by venturing out of designated walking zones or by taking unnecessary risks by taking pictures.
- Tropical Storms or Hurricanes: The beautiful tropical weather of Honolulu also means the added risk of tropical storms. These tropical storms can develop in as little as 36 hours. They can lead to flooding and strong winds and, therefore, can also cause flight cancellations and flight delays.
- Unknown waters: Visitors often venture out into unknown waters during their snorkelling or scuba diving sessions. Water currents or tides may change rapidly. Tourists should contact local authorities for tide details and adhere to designated swimming areas to avoid unnecessary risks.
Visitors Medical Insurance for Travelers in Honolulu - FAQs
A visitors medical insurance plan is a specialized insurance plan designed to provide insurance coverage for medical expenses that may arise during your visit to the U.S. It can also provide coverage for benefits such as medical evacuations, repatriation, and return of mortal remains. Be sure to check the policy wording of the plan prior to purchase to know what all is covered.
Why buy visitors medical insurance before travelling to Honolulu?
A Honolulu visitors medical insurance for tourists is your answer to a worry-free vacation. Buying visitors medical insurance for Honolulu can provide benefits and coverage like:
What should I look for in my Honolulu visitors medical insurance?
Travelers should buy Honolulu visitors medical insurance keeping in mind the itinerary for their trip, the risks inherent at their destination, and their overall travel budget.
Travelers with pre-existing conditions should ensure that their visitors medical insurance provides coverage for an instance of acute onset of these conditions.
Make sure that your insurance coverage includes adventure activities like snorkelling, scuba diving, sailing, fishing, parasailing, and windsurfing, or any other activity you plan to participate in on the trip. You can purchase an additional hazardous sports insurance add-on plan if you plan to participate in these kinds of activities.
Visitors travelling with family should buy an insurance plan that includes all family members.
Review plans before purchase to know which plan is best for your circumstances.
Trip Cancellation Insurance for Travelers in Honolulu- FAQs
Imagine a hurricane or thunderstorm hitting the Hawaiian Islands during your trip; most likely, your flight may get cancelled, leaving you stranded at the airport. Last-minute hotel bookings will be expensive. If you have been dreading such a scenario, trip cancellation insurance is what you need for peace of mind.
Whether it’s due to the weather, a political situation, an illness, or last-minute work issues, a travel insurance policy can help safeguard you from the staggeringly high costs of last-minute bookings or cancellations due to unavoidable circumstances.
Why should I get trip cancellation insurance for my Honolulu travel?
A Honolulu travel insurance plan can protect you from financial costs and liabilities associated with different travel risks. You can receive reimbursement for any trip-related, prepaid, non-refundable expenses you put down if you have to cancel your trip for a reason explicitly covered in the policy. Be sure to review the certificate wording before purchase for a full understanding of what situations would and wouldn’t be covered.
What should I look for in my Honolulu travel insurance?
Before you buy travel insurance, ensure that your insurance coverage in Honolulu includes the following:
Natural disaster evacuation
Hazardous or adventure sport activities (Even if you don’t want to participate in these activities while you’re planning the trip, you might once you get there. It’s best to be prepared in advance.)
- Trip cancellation and interruption coverage
Rental car insurance
Both domestic as well as international travelers usually buy travel insurance for Honolulu for financial protection against the unexpected.
Before You Travel to Honolulu, Do These
Plan your finances: There’s a lot to explore in Honolulu—shopping, nightlife, adventure sports, and several other fun activities. Plan your finances smartly to avoid over-spending while enjoying the beautiful island life.
Book early: A holiday destination like Honolulu can be quite expensive, and bookings made at the last minute are usually more expensive than those made earlier. Book early to get the best deals on vehicles, hotels, restaurants, and outdoor activities.
Buy the insurance advantage: Compare the different options among visitors medical insurance plans, and buy the plan that is suitable for you and your trip.
No vacation is free from risks. Mitigate the financial liability of these risks by buying travel insurance today.