Ask Our Specialists

Search Questions and Get Answers

Type your question or hashtag below or Ask a Question


Our daughter is travelling to the USA for 90 days from the 1st June with her partner who will be working out there. She will not be working just visiting. We have advised them to take out insurance and want to ensure they are buying the right policy and level of cover. They are aged 30 and 21 and both in good health. But we think they need cover for everyday illness and accident, also things like dentistry. Would like some information on what cover and average cost this would be?


We would be glad to assist.

For your daughter, who appears to be traveling either through ESTA or coming in on a B2 visitor visa, she can choose from any of the plans in our visitors to the USA section of our website based on the available plans through our quote screen.  

As for the partner, it will depend on their visa status, citizenship, etc.  If the partner is working here, they are most likely not on a B2 visa, unless it's an internship or something along those lines.  If we can verify this information, we can advise on a plan for the partner as well.

Please be advised that plans for visitors cover new illnesses and new injuries that occur or manifest after the effective date.  There are no plans on the market for visitors that cover  pre-existing conditions.  Some plans do have what is called an Acute onset benefit that can provide coverage in certain emergency situations due to pre-existing conditions  based on the definition of acute onset as well as the attending physicians report.  Except for some plans offering a sudden and unexpected pain benefit, and a dental accident plans for visitors do not cover dental or vision.

We do offer a dental and vision discount plan called Careington that could offer them discounts of dental and vision care if needed.  I have put the Careington plan link below for you to review.


If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Last Updated: {{question.updated}}
Published: {{question.published}}
{{question.likes}} {{question.likes == 1 ? 'person found this answer useful' : 'people found this answer useful'}}
1227 page views

DISCLAIMER: Information presented in our Questions and Answers section is generic and was deemed to be accurate at the time of response. Please use the answers as a guide and do not make decisions based on the answers. The answers presented may be outdated and altogether inaccurate currently or not relevant as the details provided such as the insurance terms and conditions, plan benefits, eligibility and coverage may have changed. Insubuy assumes no responsibility for relying on such answers. You should review the latest certificate wording of the insurance policy (available on this website) for the product you are considering for the latest and complete details. If there is any conflict between the answers provided here and the certificate wording, the details of the certificate wording will prevail.

Did you know?

Prices are regulated by law.

You cannot find a lower price anywhere for the same product.

Learn More

Why purchase insurance from Insubuy®?

Same Price. Better Service.®

There are many advantages in purchasing from Insubuy® and no disadvantages.

Learn More

Visiting USA?

Healthcare costs are very high in the U.S.

Buy U.S. based visitors insurance and enjoy your trip.

Learn More

Traveling abroad?

Did you know that your insurance may not cover you abroad or that it may only provide limited coverage?

Purchase travel medical insurance that includes emergency medical evacuation.

Learn More

New immigrant to USA?

You are not eligible to enroll in Medicare for the first 5 years.

Purchase new immigrant medical insurance to bridge the gap.

Learn More

Going on a vacation?

You could lose your non-refundable trip costs if you had to cancel your trip.

Buy a trip cancellation insurance package plan and be worry-free.

Learn More

Are you an exchange visitor to USA?

The U.S. Department of State requires all J visa holders to purchase compliant insurance.

Buy J visa medical insurance to meet your requirements.

Learn More

Traveling to Europe?

Schengen countries require most non-US citizens to purchase Schengen visa insurance.

Make an instant purchase online and get instant visa letter.

Learn More

Traveling frequently throughout the year?

You don't need to purchase travel insurance for every trip.

Purchase annual multi trip travel insurance for your travels.

Learn More

International student in the U.S.?

Most schools require international students to purchase health insurance.

Purchase international student health insurance that meets most school requirements.

Learn More