Do you have questions that we can answer?

Did you not find what you were looking for?

We can help.


Please call us at toll-free +1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400.

WhatsApp: +1 (972) 795-1123

Our working hours: US Central Time

{{allSevenDays}} US Central Time, 7 days a week.

Current Time: {{currentOfficeTime}}

Email us at: ofni

There was a problem, please make the requested changes and submit again:

  • Date cannot be in the past. Please adjust the Date.{{error}}

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We will give you a call back at +{{form.isdCode}}-{{form.phoneNumber}}.

Call Me Back

We can call you at your convenience, fill out the form below.

Name should not contain numbers or special characters.

Phone Number is required.Cannot contain special characters.Phone number should contain at least one number.

Repatriation of Remains Coverage FAQ

Most travel insurance plans include coverage for repatriation of remains, which is transportion of the remains of the deceased insured person back to their home country. Additionally, some visitors insurance plans also cover local cremation or burial.

Coordinating the arrangements and getting approval from the insurance company may take some time. However, in my culture we cremate the body within a few hours of death. Therefore, we don't have much time to do all that. Can we make our own arrangements and then file for reimbursement with the insurance company later?

No. All arrangements must be done through and approved by the insurance company for any benefits to be available.

We have already cremated my father's body. Can the insurance company pay for the transportation of the ashes to the home country?

Yes, provided all the terms and conditions of the insurance policy are met.

I don't want to send my mother's ashes on its own. I would like to accompany them. Will the insurance company pay for my airline ticket?

No. Family members have no benefits under the insured's visitors insurance policy. You will have to make your own travel arrangements.

It is customary in the Hindu religion to disburse ashes in Ganga River at Haridwar, India. Will the insurance company pay for the travel expenses for me to go there to do the rituals?


I had purchased the visitors insurance plan with a $100,000 policy maximum. My father passed away and we made the cremation arrangements on our own. Can we claim the $100,000 from the insurance company?

No. The $100,000 policy maximum is the medical maximum that the insurance company would have paid in case the insured person had become sick or injured while traveling outside their home country. The policy maximum is not a life insurance benefit. Therefore there would not be a death benefit payout.

My mother who was visiting the U.S. passed away and she had visitors insurance. However, my father is still in India. We would like to cremate my mother in the U.S. We would like to bring my father to the U.S. so that he can attend her funeral. Will the insurance company pay for his travel expenses?


Did you know?

Prices are regulated by law.

You cannot find a lower price anywhere for the same product.

Learn More

Why purchase insurance from Insubuy®?

Same Price. Better Service.®

There are many advantages in purchasing from Insubuy® and no disadvantages.

Learn More

Visiting USA?

Healthcare costs are very high in the U.S.

Buy U.S. based visitors insurance and enjoy your trip.

Learn More

Traveling abroad?

Did you know that your insurance may not cover you abroad or that it may only provide limited coverage?

Purchase travel medical insurance that includes emergency medical evacuation.

Learn More

New immigrant to USA?

You are not eligible to enroll in Medicare for the first 5 years.

Purchase new immigrant medical insurance to bridge the gap.

Learn More

Going on a vacation?

You could lose your non-refundable trip costs if you had to cancel your trip.

Buy a trip cancellation insurance package plan and be worry-free.

Learn More

Are you an exchange visitor to USA?

The U.S. Department of State requires all J visa holders to purchase compliant insurance.

Buy J visa medical insurance to meet your requirements.

Learn More

Traveling to Europe?

Schengen countries require most non-US citizens to purchase Schengen visa insurance.

Make an instant purchase online and get instant visa letter.

Learn More

Traveling frequently throughout the year?

You don't need to purchase travel insurance for every trip.

Purchase annual multi trip travel insurance for your travels.

Learn More

International student in the U.S.?

Most schools require international students to purchase health insurance.

Purchase international student health insurance that meets most school requirements.

Learn More