State Specific Policy Durations
Your resident state determines the maximum length of initial coverage allowed. If you do not see your resident state listed below, then that state does not allow short term medical coverage for this plan.
- Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
- South Carolina
- Idaho, Michigan, Montana, Nevada
- Maryland, Oregon, Virginia
State Specific Rewrite Limits:
The states below have specific limitations that are applicable only in that state.
- Idaho Rewrite Limits - Requires 63 day gap in coverage from an Allstate STM plan in order to obtain another Allstate STM plan.
- Illinois Rewrite Limits - Requires 60 day gap in coverage from an Allstate STM plan in order to obtain another Allstate STM plan.
- Kansas Rewrite Limits - Limited to 1 Rewrite. Offers durations of only 6 month or 12 months minus 1 day. Consecutive and Renewal plans are considered two STM policies and fulfills the limit to 1 rewrite. Requires a 30 day gap in coverageonce the allowable amount of STM rewrites are met.
- Maryland and South Dakota Rewrite Limits - Requires 63 day gap in coverage from any health insurance plan to obtain an Allstate STM policy.
- Michigan and Nevada Rewrite Limits - Limited to 185 days of STM coverage with Us in any 365 day period. 185 days of coverage does not need to be consecutive.
- Nebraska plans have a maximum duration of 364 days. No rewrite restrictions.
- Oregon Rewrite Limits - The applicant must wait 60 days from the last day of coverage before reapplying.
- Virginia applicants are limited to no more than 6 months of coverage in a 12 month period. Requires a 12-month gap in coverage once the allowable amount of STM rewrites are met.
- Wisconsin Rewrite Limits - Aggregate duration may not exceed 18 months. Renewal option 6 months only. Requires 63 day gap in coverage from an Allstate STM plan in order to obtain another Allstate STM plan.