Most Safe Travels insurance plans cover up to $75 for one Wellness visit for each person on the plan per policy period.
- Wellness visit must occur within the first 21 days from the effective date.
- The initial purchase duration must be at least 30 days of coverage.
- Visit must be in person. Telemedicine is not eligible.
- The visit is a Wellness visit, as defined below.
What is Wellness Visit?
A Wellness Visit is where the provider uses one of these ICD10 Diagnosis codes only:
- V70.0-Routine medical exam.
- Z00.00-Encounter for general adult medical examination without abnormal findings.
- Z00.129-Encounter for routine child health examination without abnormal findings.
Visits with ICD10 Codes not listed here are not considered Well Doctor Visits and are not covered.
As Wellness visit is a first dollar benefit, it is not subject to the deductible.
In order to receive the Wellness Visit benefit, the insured must register first. At the end of the registration, you will receive the paperwork, including the claim form, to take to the provider so that they can make sure the provider uses the accurate codes.
If you don't have access to the computer, you can register over the phone and we will mail you the paperwork.
For the following services, please call the phone number on your insurance ID card:
- To make change to the date of the visit.
- To make a change to the name of the provider with whom you scheduled an appointment.
- If you need the registration form mailed to you or if you have problems printing the form.
- With questions about the status of your Wellness Benefit once it has been mailed.
If you visit a provider for a Wellness visit, it would be considered a claim and you would not be eligible for any refund.