Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Thread: Travel insurance - Sick father

Default Travel insurance - Sick father

am planning a three day tour trip to Williamsburg on December 11-13. I have an elderly, sick father and although he is not traveling with me, I would like to purchase a trip interruption insurance, in case that there is a medical emergency or death, which forces me to cancel my trip. I tried getting one with the tour company I made reservations with, but the insurance they offer, only covers me if "the interruption is not caused by someone that has a pre-existing condition", I found that to be really strange, since this is precisely, why I need to have this type of insurance. I am doing this as a precaution, since there is so much time from now until my trip, and I can't for see the future. I need a confirmation if this insurance is going to cover my trip expense if there is injury or death of a family member at least 15 days before my trip date.

Thank you in advance for you assistance.

If you already have a foreseable event (such as God forbid, possible death of already sick father), that is not covered by any insurance.
    Thanks & Regards

Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Thanks for your prompt response. No I don't have a foreseeable event, thank God!, it's just as a precaution; like I said in my email and emergency. If the answer is yes, then I would like a form for me to complete.

Thanks,

Before I give you the accurate answer, I need some addtional information:

* When did you make the initial trip deposit for this trip?
    * What is the departure date?
    * Please provide more information about the sickness of your father. Have the doctors already concluded that he may die within next 1 year? Is he currently actively undergoing any treatment? Is his current health stable?
    Thanks & Regards

The initial deposit for this trip was made April 17. I sent am email to the tour company requesting information and I did not received a response. Consequently I called them and they do have an insurance but does not have the coverage that I was looking for. The departure date is December 11 and returning on the 13th. My father has Alzheimer and the doctors have not concluded anything, just the fact that he is 83 years old and is under Alzheimer's treatment. His health is fine and stable, other than the dementia. I don't know what else I could tell you. Anything can happened to any one, including me but since I had to make the reservation so far in advance, I just wanted to have some type of insurance that could cover at least for me, to be able re-schedule the trip if needed. It is not as if I was trying to scam anyone, just trying to do the right thing.

Based on what you are saying, the condition is stable and not considered a pre-existing conditions. If there have been no changes in treatment or medican in the past 90 days, you can feel comfortable purchasing the policy as is and will being ok if your father takes a turn for the worse.

You can purchase Travelex Travelite at https://www.insubuy.com/trip-cancellation-insurance/

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
    Thanks & Regards