Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Medical Insurance for GF...

  1. #1

    Default Medical Insurance for GF...


    I am planning to have my girlfriend visit me here in the US. She currently has a tourist visa and I have just submitted my N-400 application weeks ago. Along with that I am surprising her to marry me while she is here visiting, hopefully I can have her status changed.

    Now, I am wondering if I can add her as a dependent on my health insurance policy(ins. from my employer) ? Is this possible? (She is on tourist visa until change of status is approved).

    Please advice...

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Plano, TX


    You may be able to add her to your employer's policy after you get married to her. Even after marriage, your employer might have some waiting period before they can cover her. Check with them.

    Until then, you have to purchase short term insurance for her. You can purchase Protection America, available for instant purchase at (It says Fiance on that page. But it is same situation for girlfriend as well.)
    Thanks & Regards

    Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Similar Threads

  1. Visitor Medical Insurance Buying Tips
    By insubuy in forum Visitor Medical Insurance for USA
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 11:25 AM
  2. J visa medical insurance for family of 4
    By submittedviaemail in forum J1 Exchange Visitors Insurance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 02:38 PM
  3. Visitor medical insurance questions
    By insubuy in forum Visitor Medical Insurance for USA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 04:08 PM



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts