Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Insurance for new GC holder - 70+ yrs old

  1. #1

    Default Insurance for new GC holder - 70+ yrs old

    Hello, my grandmother (71 yrs old) is about to receive her family based greencard and plans on moving to the US to be with the family. We live in Illinois. I am exploring the medical needs for her. She plans on moving to US permanently.

    1. At her age, what kind of insurance can I get for her?
    2. Do the county hospitals in IL treat people with no medical insurance? If so, what is the quality of such treatment?
    3. As the sponsor of her GC, are we responsible for all her medical expenses?
    4. What kind of assistance can we get for her?

    She has no pre existing condition except high blood pressure

    If anyone has had such experience, please do share. I appreciate any information about this.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Plano, TX


    1. Please read

    2. Please check with county hospitals.

    3. Yes.

    4. None.
    Thanks & Regards

    Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Similar Threads

  1. insurance for H1B visa holder and dependents for first three months
    By drkvs96 in forum Insurance for New Immigrants to USA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 07:29 AM
  2. Insurance for my dad (Greencard holder)
    By RTR in forum Insurance for New Immigrants to USA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 11:31 AM
  3. j-2 holder insurance for pregance
    By fenr in forum J1 Exchange Visitors Insurance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2005, 11:23 AM



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts