Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Thread: Atlas America Vs Patriot America

Default Atlas America Vs Patriot America

I am ready to buy insurance for my in-laws and considering Atlas America and Patriot America. I couldn't find any big diffence between both plans except underwriters and co-insurance (90/10 & 80/20). Atlas has also added few in 2008 like $15000 to cover acute onset of Pre-existing condition, Co-onsurance waiver if billed directly by service provider.

One of your post on this board says, you list plans on your website starting with Good going down to worst, and Atlas America appears at number 4 (out of 6) in your list. Is Patriot America Plan better choice ? Can you help me understand the advatages of Patriot over Atlas ?

As 'Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions' feature in Atlas America is quite new (effective May 12, 2008), we didn't have a chance to collect any feedback from the customers who had to make a claim, it is not known how this feature works.

And beyond what is written in the brochure, no further information or clarification is being revealed by the insurance company. Even when asked to the top management, all we are being told is "everything will be determined after the claim occurs and hypothetical questions can't be answered". We also asked for the actual scenarios that were covered by them under this clause, and there is no response.

As of today, Jun 18, 2008, I was told by them that even the policy wording is not yet ready which may provide more details than the brochure.

Therefore, it is very difficult for us (or anyone else) to make any comments confidently about this feature.

However, if you would still like to take a chance (for lack of any better option for pre-existing conditions coverage) and purchase it, Atlas is otherwise overall a good plan. But if there is any claims dispute regarding pre-existing conditions coverage, I would be unable to help you further.
    Thanks & Regards

Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470