Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Thread: Visitors Care Insurance Details

Default Visitors Care Insurance Details

Hi,
    For a couple of days now, I have been reading on the discussion forums and the information provided is very useful. After doing some reading and the responses from the agents I am thinking of buying the Visitors Care insurance for my parents who will arrive next week. I have a few questions for Visitors Care. Kindly help me out.
    1) I assume that Visitors Care offers insurance for travel but there is no insurance for baggage lost/delay insurance. Am I correct?
    2) One of the good option will be to buy the insurance for 3 months and then again renew it for the next 3 months. Am I correct?
    3) If I purchase a 50$ deductible for a 50,000 plan and for e.g. the doctor's bill comes to around 125$, then I will have to first pay 50$, then insurance pays the commited 55$ and again I have to pay the remaining 20$. Now I have already paid the deductible for the coverage period. If on the second visit the doctor again gives a bill of 125$ then the insurance will pay 55$ and I have to pay the remaining amount of (125-55)$. Am I correct? What is the difference between the first and the second visit payout from my side? How the deductible will help me? I might be littile confised. Please help.
    4) Once I purchase a plan then I cannot change the plan structure on renewal. If I have to then I have to purchase a new policy. In this case if there are no pre-existing conditions then it will be of no difference. Am I correct? If I have to change the plan structure, lets say increase the total benfit amount, then do I have to provide a certificate from doctor to do so?
    5) If my parents will arrive toghther and also leave toghether (probably) then will purchasing a single policy for both of them will be beneficial or purchasing one policy of each separately will be beneficial?

Thank you very much for your support!

1. Correct.
    2. Correct.
    3. For first visit insurance company pays $55 but your deductible is $50. Therefore, it pays $5 which $55-$50. Next visit onwards, it pays $55/visit.
    4. You don't have to provide any medical documents from anywhere when renewing or buying new policy.
    It is always better to renew the policy on the same terms. Even if you didn't fall sick in previous duration, if buy a new policy and after that, for example, you fall sick within a week and doctor says this illness is one month old, it would be considered as pre-existing condition and not covered.
    5. Always advisable to buy separate policy. Anyway, total price is the same either way. But separate policy provides you with more flexibility.
    Thanks & Regards

Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Thank you very much for your prompty reply.

I just heard that my father had a very small surgical outpatient treatment of removing some extra puss from his lower back which was only superficial. It is not suppose to come back again but in case we have to do it again, then what do your suggest? Which one will cover the best? Will it be considered as pre-existing...because it is no chronic.

Thank you again.

Based on the Dr opinion, attending physician statement and all medical records, it will be determined whether something is related to pre-existing conditions or not. And the decision to pay or not would be made accordingly.

However, in my opinion, it would be considered as pre-existing condition and not covered by any plan.
    Thanks & Regards

Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470