Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Visitor Insurance for Parents - Does it include Travel insurance?

cbhari Guest

Default Visitor Insurance for Parents - Does it include Travel insurance?

Hello Mr Narendra Khatri,

My parents are planning to come for 6 months trip to USA in Dec.
    My dad is 72 years old and my mom is 62 years old. I am planning to get the Visitors Care Medical insurance (IMG) for them for $100,000 with 50$ deductible.
    Does the Visitor's Care cover any medical emergencies from the time of travel from India to USA and then while returning from USA till they reach India?
    Also does this cover any Travel insurance like for example for any unexpected Travel delay/loss of luggage/loss of passport/wallet etc too ?

Second question: Should I buy an insurance together for them or should I buy an insurance seperately?

BTW my father had a Heart By pass surgery in 2002. He is doing Ok now.
    So I presume this would be considered as a pre-existing condition?

What would you recommend?
    Please help me in choosing the right insurance. We did buy the same insurance in 2005 when they had come earlier to visit USA.

Thank you.
    Bhargavi

1. Visitors Care covers anywhere outside home country. And the effective date/time is according to the 12.01 AM Eastern time the day you specify. Keeping the time zone difference in mind, in order to cover during the travel time as well, you need to put the effective date one day in advance of the travel date.

2. Travel delay/loss of luggage/passport etc.
    No.

3. You should buy separately. Everything is per person including price. But if you buy separately, you more flexibility in terms of renewing/cancelling for just one person. More details in FAQ at https://www.insubuy.com/visitors-medical-insurance/

4. Yes, that would be considered as pre-existing condition and excluded by this products and others as well.

5. Visitors Care is a fixed coverage plan.
    I recommend comprehensive coverage plan such as Patriot America.
    Read https://www.insubuy.com/visitors-insurance/ to understand fixed vs comprehensive.
    Thanks & Regards

Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

cbhari Guest

Thank you Mr. Narendra.

Since the pre-existing conditions are not going to be covered do you think it really matters if it is going to Fixed or Comprehensive coverage? Also comprehensive coverage seems very expensive.

Yes, it matters. If it didn't matter, why would anyone buy comprehensive coverage? Why would comprehensive plans even exist? Why would someone pay 2 to 3 times more money?

Whether the person is healthy or not, probability of someone getting into completely new medical condition is the same at a given age.

Both types of plans don't cover pre-existing conditions. However, when a new medical condition occurs how much they cover is the difference between fixed vs. comprehensive.

e.g., if you need surgery (let's say you fell down in bathroom and broke your hip) and it costs you $40,000, fixed coverage will pay $3,300 and you pay the rest.
    Let's say you get hospitalized and the expenses is $10,000 a day, fixed coverage will pay $1,400 a day and you pay the difference.

Therefore, it is still recommended to buy the comprehensive coverage.

Cheap or expensive is a very relative term. Looking at the cost of medical treatment and the age of the visitor, comprehensive coverage plans are very reasonably priced, keeping in mind the level of coverage they provide. They are not expensive at all.
    Thanks & Regards

cbhari Guest

OK. That's a very valid point. Let me review the benefits of Comp Insurance too. Thank you for your inputs.

cbhari Guest

Is There any seperate insurance that I can buy for travel for loss of luggage/ticket/passport or delay etc? If so from where and approx how much would it be?

If you buy comprehensive plan like Patriot America, it will automatically include lost luggage.
    There is no separate insurance for loss of passport/ticket etc. Those items will always be with you and therefore rare chance of losing them.
    Thanks & Regards

cbhari Guest

I have another question. If we get an insurance for initial 3 months say Dec to March and then renew it again for the next 3 months say Mar to Jun would it be considered as one policy period or two seperate policy period? How about the deductibles?

Please let me know.

Thank you

In Patriot America, it would be considered as one policy period and one deductible would apply in entire 6 months.
    Thanks & Regards

cbhari Guest

Quote Originally Posted by narendra
    In Patriot America, it would be considered as one policy period and one deductible would apply in entire 6 months.
    How about in Visitor's Care?