Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Thread: Domestic insurance for new immigrants with diabetes

Default Domestic insurance for new immigrants with diabetes

I have couple of questions regarding my earlier communication with you. My parents have been in US for about 4 months on Green Card and they are currently insured with Protection America.
    I looked through the Assurant health brochure from the link you provided earlier. I see that they cover the pre-existing conditions after being with them for 12 months.
    My Mom is diabetic and my dad has a cholestorol problem. I am wondering if I switch to Assurant health, would my parents be covered for any problems related to cholestorol or diabetes after the 12 months?
    Since they are on their Green Card, they will be staying with me for long time here in US. Could you please advice me on what to do?
    I am willing to pay any insurance expenses. Are there any local insurance companies like Anthem, CIGNA that would cover preexisting conditions as well?
    How are they compared to Auurant health?
    what are my best options available?

Thanks a lot,

If a person has diabetes, he/she will be declined insurance in most companies like Assurant, Aetna, Humana, Anthem etc. No insurance for her from domestic insurance companies.
    Thanks & Regards

Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Quote Originally Posted by insubuy View Post
    Jan a person has diabetes, he/she will be declined insurance in most companies like Assurant, Aetna, Humana, Anthem etc. No insurance for her from domestic insurance companies.
    I am going to USA in jan 2015 for masters and I am diabetic. I would like to know about any insurance companies that insur non USA residents with diabetes. And also my insurance should cover my medication as it is unaffordable in USA. Thanks in advance

Check with your school provided insurance. We don't have any plans to cover routine expenses related to diabetes.