Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Thread: health insurance for my mother age 75 - green card holder

Default health insurance for my mother age 75 - green card holder

I have sponsored my mother to USA .
    I need your help in looking for a right health insurance plan for my mother just arrived in USA from Pakistan .
    My mother plans to shuttle between USA / Pakistan .
    Should be PPACA compliant insurance under tax form 1095 so that I do not incur penalties .

Here is her Bio :

DOB: 4 SEP 1940
    Coverage :until 31 december 2016.
    PPACA compliant insurance : tax form 1095

Thank you for your interest in purchasing insurance through us. The insurance plans we offer for new immigrants will not be PPACA compliant. If she has just arrived you can check with local domestic insurance companies to see if they will provide a PPACA plan for someone aged 75. Most domestic plans do not offer coverage for someone of that age but you can contact either the healthcare.gov or contact domestic companies individually to confirm.

If you are unable to locate a domestic plan we will be able to offer a short term plan that she can have to cover her for any new illness or injury until she is eligible to purchase Medicare after 5 years of having her green card.

If you have additional questions or need assistance with choosing a plan please feel free to contact our office.
    Thanks & Regards

Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470