Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Thread: Maternity Interest

Default Maternity Interest

Hi, I am interested in getting an insurance that could cover as much maternity as possible, my situation is the following:

I do NOT have US nationality. I have Spain nationality (Europe) where I currently reside and live.
    I would be interested to have a maternity covered insurance in the US so if I get pregnant I could go on my 7th month of my pregnancy, as a visitor/tourist to the US, where I have family, to stay and wait to deliver my baby over there.

I currently have an insurance called IMG which covered my first pregnancy in the US and at the moment I am looking at other insurance options before I renew my current one.

1. Which plan will I be eligible for my situation (Spain nationality delivering in the US as a visitor) that would covers the most for maternity in the US?
    2. How much do you cover for maternity?
    3. Do I have to add up any rider or does the insurance itself already include maternity?
    4. What are the deductible amounts?
    5. Is there a maternity waiting period? what is it?
    6. Does the plan include also any checkups, ultrasounds, appointments, lactation or any other tests related etc before AND after the baby delivery?
    7. Does the plan include c-sections or any other complications that the delivery or pregnancy may have?
    8. Does the plan include any emergencies (if necessary) for the baby after the birth? For how many days/weeks?
    9. What about a pediatrician for the baby first weeks of live? Would that be covered?
    10. Does my previous current insurance maternity expenses from my first baby add up and count in your plans or do I start as a right new member with you and have the full amount you offer covered?
    11. Which hospitals and clinics does your maternity plan cover in the US?

My age: 32 (I will be 33 in September)
    Date of Birth: Sept. 29th, 1983
    Nationality: Spain
    Currently mom of 1 baby

I have a chronic rheumatology disease called Ankylosis Spondylitis but the insurance I am looking for does not necessary have to cover anything related to it as maternity is what I am interested on. In any case please also inform me on this.

Thank you for your interest in purchasing insurance through us.

Unfortunately, there is no plan that exist to cover maternity for a visitor in the United States. This will be and expense that will be paid for completely out of pocket.
    Thanks & Regards

Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470