Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Thread: Sky Rescue Insurance

Default Sky Rescue Insurance

Hello,
    I had some questions about your medical evacuation procedures. My husband and I are current customers but we are working at a mission base that is looking at the importance of having evacuation insurance for the staff. Our phones are currently not working so I am sending an email, sorry.
    Our mission is based on a tiny island in the Caribbean. We are on the island of Mayreau. It is part of St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
    We do not have an airport. Is one needed?
    Are you able to access most areas?
    We have a big enough area of cleared land to land a helicopter but it has a downward grade and is not smooth. Is that something you can work with or would we need to get a boat to another island to have you land?
    We can get a speed boat to the island with an airport but the airport closes at nighttime. Is this a problem?
    Also, if there is a life or death emergency, how fast can you get to us?
    Thank you so much. Again, I am sorry we couldn't do this over the phone.

Thank you for your interest in purchasing emergency medical evacuation insurance.

You can consider purchasing the Sky Rescue plan at https://www.insubuy.com/trip-cancellation-insurance/

The following are the answers to your questions.

We do not have an airport. Is one needed?
    No, we have a variety evacuation providers that employ a variety of methods to conduct evacuations.
    Are you able to access most areas?
    Yes, by plane, helicopter, boat, ambulance, etc. We have utilized many different methods to evacuate our insurds.
    We have a big enough area of cleared land to land a helicopter but it has a downward grade and is not smooth. Is that something you can work with or would we need to get a boat to another island to have you land?
    We would coordinate with a local evacuation provider and the treating physician to determine the best, most efficient means necessary to conduct the evacuation.
    We can get a speed boat to the island with an airport but the airport closes at nighttime. Is this a problem?
    We would coordinate with a local Evacuation provider and treating physician to determine the severity of the condition and thus the most efficient and quickest method of evacuation to the nearest qualified facility.
    Also, if there is a life or death emergency, how fast can you get to us?
    In all cases, the process begins immediately. The time it takes depends on how quick we can coordinate an evacuation provider that has the necessary transportation available at that time.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
    Thanks & Regards

Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470