Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unpaid medical bills - Reentering the US

Default Unpaid medical bills - Reentering the US

Hello Sir,

My mother was visiting US in 2007. She fell sick and had to be taken to the ER. I received a huge medical bill (8 K). My mother went back to India. I did not pay the bill. Eventually, I moved to a different city for another job.

I have checked my recent credit history and these medical bills have not gone against my history. My mother is planning to visit me next month. I was wondering if there will be issues at the airport for her at the port of entry.

Please advice.

Thanks

It is really hard to say whether she will have any issues at the port of entry or not as there are many factors.

I suggest that before she comes to the U.S. again, you purchase good visitors insurance for her, available for instant purchase at https://www.insubuy.com
    Thanks & Regards

Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Hello Sir,

Thank you so much for the response. I will definitely buy good health insurance before she comes it will be most likely through you.

Even last time when she was here I had bought health insurance through IMG but every single claim was denied.

I just don't want my mother in trouble at the port of entry. Even if there is a slightest chance of her getting into trouble, I would have her stay in India.

Have you heard of any such incidents where visitors sent back from the airport because of unpaid medical bills in the US during their previous visit? My mom did not have SSN, I tried to check her credit history but without SSN but credit bureau's cannot provide the credit report.

From what I have read, not paying medical bills is not a crime and immigration officials cannot stop any one entering the country because of unpaid medical bills.

Please advice.

Thanks

We are here to help in any possible way we can. But this matter is really beyond our scope. There are many private and government entities are involved in this matter and there is no way to know how one has communicated with other. All I can say is that you would have to take some chance. What is the probability of the trouble, I really don’t know. In case your claim is denied in future, at least please contact us so that we can independently look into it to see whether there is anything that can be done like appeal or second opinion or similar.
    Thanks & Regards

I have decided to buy tickets for my mother. I will be buying her health insurance from you before she arrives here.

I called the two places where she had received her treatment in 2007. One of the places told me that she does not owe any money but other place told me that they have sent it to collection agency. I called the collection agency and they could not release any information to me without my mothers verbal approval.

I am willing to pay the money but i can't. Not sure what I have to do next.

Is it ok, to just go ahead books tickets and buy insurance for her?

I want you opinions for the last time.

You can certainly purchase the insurance from us whenever you like.
    Thanks & Regards

I will definitely do that. But you did not answer my question. Is it safe to bring my mom over to US without any issues at the airport?

As I said before, there is no way for us to know for sure.
    Thanks & Regards

Default so what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by insubuy View Post
    As I said before, there is no way for us to know for sure.
    was she able to enter the US with no issues?

Default so... what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by submittedviaemail View Post
    Hello Sir,

My mother was visiting US in 2007. She fell sick and had to be taken to the ER. I received a huge medical bill (8 K). My mother went back to India. I did not pay the bill. Eventually, I moved to a different city for another job.

I have checked my recent credit history and these medical bills have not gone against my history. My mother is planning to visit me next month. I was wondering if there will be issues at the airport for her at the port of entry.

Please advice.

Thanks

was she able to enter the US with no issues?