Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Thread: Visitors Insurance for my Dad

Default Visitors Insurance for my Dad

Hi,

My dad is 68 yrs old and he will be visiting US for 6 months. He has some preexisting conditions like asthma, allergy , diabetes. I am planning to buy the insurance plan "$15,000 acute onset pre-existing conditions coverage: Age<70" from Atlas America. I wanted to know if certain scenarios will be covered with this plan like

1. If he is suddenly unable to breathe due to his pre-existing asthma problem.
    2. If he has severe congestion problem because of his pre-existing allergy problem.
    3. Sudden increase in sugar level resulting in extreme dizziness.

Please let me know what do they mean by acute onset pre-existing coverage?? and which plan would you suggest for him.

Thanks,
    Aarti

Atlas America:
    If you are under age 70, you are covered for an Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition. Coverage is available up to $15,000 lifetime maximum for eligible medical expenses and up to $25,000 lifetime maximum for Emergency Medical Evacuation. An Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition is a sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition which occurs spontaneously and without advance warning either in the form of physician recommendations or symptoms. Treatment must be obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence.
    Thanks & Regards

Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

So will the scenarios mentioned above be covered as part of the pre-existing conditions in this plan?

Whether a particular condition is an acute onset of pre-existing condition or not can be answered in advance of it happening. That is because it all depends upon the specifics of the case and it is determined based on the medical records and the attending physician's report. Those documents will only be available after it has already happened. Therefore, in two very similar looking cases, the outcome may be totally different.

Therefore, it is not possible for anyone to say yes or no for hypothetical scenarios.
    Thanks & Regards

Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470