Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Thread: Visitor Coverage, already have Medicare A

Question Visitor Coverage, already have Medicare A

My father is already covered by Medicare Part A, and is visiting me in the US next month. I understand that hospital fees are covered by Medicare, but professional charges (physician's fees) are not. Will he get a discount on the visitor insurance policy because of the existing coverage? Does he need visitor insurance at all?

He is not eligible to purchase visitors insurance.

He should consider buying Medicare Part B, Part D and medicare suppliment insurance.
    Thanks & Regards

Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

I read through the terms for Patriot America insurance, I saw nothing about disqualification if he already has Medicare - can you clarify?

We have no reason to give you wrong advice, even that means turning business away. Insurance is just a piece of paper until you need to use it. Therefore, you need to buy the plan that you are eligible for.

All the visitors insurance plans have one common fundamental rule: They are sold on surplus lines basis. That means, only those who are not eligible for any domestic insurance (that includes Medicare etc.) can buy that insurance.

If the person has Medicare, that person must either be US citizen or be US resident. Please look at the brochure of Patriot America. It says that persons traveling outside home country are eligible for coverage. And this person's home country is the US and therefore can't get coverage in the US.

I hope that clarifies.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them here or contact us at any time.
    Thanks & Regards

Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470