Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Thread: Question about Diplomat+Trip Elite Combo for 80+ year old

Default Question about Diplomat+Trip Elite Combo for 80+ year old

Dear Mr. Narendra:

I am trying to get comprehensive insurance for my father-in-law who has just turned 80, and will be visiting USA at the end of march for 2.5 months. When I called your office, I was advised to get him the combination of Diplomat Insurance and Patriot Trip Elite.

Having read all the information, I am trying figure out how this combination is supposed to work exactly. For us, the diplomat came to about 1200$ and the Patriot Trip Elite came to just 63$. I assume the patriot thing is meant to be a supplement for the first month because Diplomat only covers upto 1000$ for sicknesses in the first month. However, I am not able to figure out how the Trip ELITE is supposed to help--from its description, it seems to me to be only for travel interruption.

Could you please clarify? (By the way, I did buy the insurance for both my in-laws through your web site).

thanks
    from Arizona

You were provided correct advice.

Patriot TRIP Elite is trip cancellation insurance. However, it also provides $50,000 in medical expenses. And it only provides that for first 30 days of the coverage. It must be purchased before departure from home country. You can put the trip cost as $0 (it will take it as minimum $500 internally) while actually applying.

Therefore, it can be used to supplement Diplomat plan for first 30 days which only covers up to $1,000 for sicknesses within first 30 days.

I hope that answers your questions.
    Thanks & Regards

Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Default Question about Diplomat+Trip Elite Combo for 80+ year old

Thanks for the clarification, Mr. Narendra.

I have one other question--for "supplementing" Diplomat during the first month, would it make more sense to use one of the fixed benefit insurances (like inbound USA) for just the first month? I notice that this option would cost about 130$--compared to the 63$ for Trip ELITE (an increase that I wouldn't mind considering the 1000$ we are paying for Diplomat--*if* it has advantages over Trip ELITE).

regards
    arizonan

ps: by the way, I found these forums and your responses to be most useful information on the web in regards to the visitor insurance.

1. No, it would not make any sense, because with Patriot TRIP Elite, you are paying less and getting more benefits, no deductible, no coinsurance. On the other hand, Inbound USA is a fixed coverage plan.

2. Let me clarify Diplomat America benefits. During first 30 days, it covers up to $1,000 for sicknesses. That means, it pays $1,000 and NOT you. In other words, it has only $1,000 policy max for sicknesses within first 30 days of the effective date.

3. Thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it. We, as a broker, work for you and are here to help you at any time.

Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have any other questions.
    Thanks & Regards

Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470