View Full Version : Insurance just for dependent on F2

03-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Hi, I am a international student from China, who has my wife as dependant with Visa F2. I want to buy the plan A in visitor medical insurance-USA for her. I wonder if it is suitable for her. She is 26 years old, healthy. We have no children now. Additionally, if we want to give birth to our children here, does this insurance cover the medical expense for that?(Please also give me the answer if we don't have children here.) Thanks

03-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Please let me know the name of the insurance product you are referring to.

'Plan A' exists in many products and that does not give us any information.

03-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Hi, Thanks for your instant reply.

Below is the website: https://www.insubuy.com/visit-usa-insurance/what-is-visitors-insurance/

I have Two questions:
1.In the table of monthly premiums, there are three columns(Deductible per police period) for plan A. What is the mean for that because I saw the price difference for them?
2. How to pay the money? One time or monthly(I think I will buy it for one year at least)?

03-24-2008, 02:44 PM
You can buy Visit USA-Healthcare just for your wife, if you like. Or for both of you.

Deductible is the amount you have to pay once before insurance company pays anything.

You have to pay all at once, as Visit USA-Healthcare is not renewable. You can pay with the credit card. If you buy for one month, and if you need it again next month, you will have to repurchase it. And your deductible, coinsurance and pre-existing conditions clause will start all over again.

It does not cover any maternity related expenses.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

03-24-2008, 02:44 PM

could you give me some advise if we plan to have our babies? Which insurance could cover my wife's both regular medical healthcare fees and maternity related expenses?

Thank you

03-24-2008, 02:45 PM
I am not aware of any such insurance products that would cover maternity on J2 visa.