PDA

View Full Version : J2 visa, wife is pregnant

submittedviaemail
11-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the information you web provides. I recently got a question. I am J1 visa holder, and my wife will visit me as J2 dependent. We both can stay in USA for I year. And now she has got pregnant in China. She has a visa and will visit New York soon this month. How can we get the medical coverage for maternity care? Some says it is free, while other says it is quite costly and no insurance provided for this condition. What should I do?

Thanks a lot.

insubuy
11-29-2005, 12:32 PM
It is NOT free. And there is no insurance to cover pregnancy if she is already pregnant. I recommend that she wait until she delivers the baby in China and then come to US.

submittedviaemail
11-29-2005, 12:59 PM
Thank you very much for your reply. Any alternative ways to save money? She has no one to care her in my home country. She needs here. What is the proximately expenses for her delivery in Jersey city, New Jersey? Will there be even higher if she is not natural delivery, ie, use operation to give birth?

Thanks again. I 'v been asking so many people but get no accurate answer.

insubuy
11-29-2005, 01:00 PM
For the costs, you will have to ask the hospital.

submittedviaemail
11-29-2005, 01:02 PM
Thanks I will ask hospital. Is there any plan or assistance on those who have lower income or even on income (just like me, I have no pay for the visiting program for J1-2 visa) for their pregnant and delivery? I know it is not your job to give me advice. But do help me on this.

Regards

insubuy
11-29-2005, 01:03 PM
I don't know of any such plan. Take my advice: Keep her in China until she delivers baby there. Then ask her to come to USA.

palakshivani
03-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Hi,
I was pregnant 5 months when i arrived to usa on J2. My husband called united health and was told that they cannot cover me because i was already pregnant. But he contacted his employer, who contacted united health and covered me. My husband is doing his residency at a university hospital. I just paid co-pay for my entire delivery of 10usd...

may be this helps... contact ur employer they shuld be able to do something.. its best to deliver here so that ur child gets american pp and there will be no hassle of visa for the child