PDA

View Full Version : US Medical Insurance for F1 Student from UK

submittedviaemail
10-21-2016, 01:57 PM
My son is travelling to the US on Tuesday 5th Jan. I am looking at purchasing your student medical insurance but have a couple of questions.
The website that pointed me to your site suggested I could get his insurance card by email but the application says it needs to come by post. What happens if he needs medical treatment before I get the card and can send it to him?
He will be skiing and possibly snowboarding in the US – are these activities covered?

insubuy
10-21-2016, 01:58 PM
Thank you for contacting Insubuy for your insurance needs. In order to better assist you we will need more information. Can you please advise if these questions are in regards to a specific plan? You may also contact our office at (866) INSUBUY.

submittedviaemail
10-21-2016, 01:58 PM
Hello
I was looking at the Patriot exchange Program with the adventure sports rider or the student health advantage standard. He has insurance through school but this only really covers him whilst he is in Tampa and we would like insurance for when he travels.

insubuy
10-21-2016, 01:59 PM
Based on the information provided , adding the adventure sports rider to either plan would allow coverage for recreational skiing and snowboarding. Immediately after purchase you will receive an email confirmation with links to download the ID cards. They physical documentation will be mailed to the address listed on the application and received within 7 to 10 business days. As an F1 student he is eligible to purchase either plan as long as he has not had a previous domestic insurance in the U.S. If so, I would recommend purchasing the Student Secure plan which also provide the sports coverage you are looking for. If you have any additional questions please let us know.

Student Secure: https://www.insubuy.com/student-secure-insurance/