View Full Version : J2 dependent visitor insurance

10-05-2016, 03:07 PM
I am coming to University of Denver as visiting faculty Position on Full Bright Scholarship under USIEF (United States India Education Foundation) program.
My duration of stay would be 9 Months starting from Aug 2016 to April 2017. My Med Insurance is being provided by USIEF. I have to buy Med insurance for my spouse and two kids for the same period. I am having J1 visa and spouse and kids would be on J2 visa.

We need Med Insurance of $50000.
Please let us know what are the options available for us.

Expected stay 05 Aug 2016 to 15 May 2017

10-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Thank you for contacting Insubuy for your insurance needs.

Please send your sponsoring organizations full list of requirements in PDF form so that a proper plan recommendation can be made.

10-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Thanks for reply
We are not provided any specific Check list for it. It would be good if you suggest us a policy for $50000 then will discuss that policy with sponsors.

10-05-2016, 03:09 PM
The reason we would suggest you speak with your sponsoring organization first is $50,000 dollars in coverage is no longer a sufficient amount of coverage in accordance with the standards set by the U.S. department of States requirements for J Visa holders.

The new standard requires a minimum policy amount of $100,000, repatriation benefits in the amount of $25,000 and medical evacuation coverage in the amount of $50,000.

You can use the link below to plans listed based up the new required minimum for J visa holders set by the U.S. department of state.

J1/J2 visa (Exchange Visitor) Insurance: