PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Purchase for J2

submittedviaemail
09-30-2016, 03:40 PM
I will be traveling to the US as a visiting student for 6 months with J-1 status. I am trying purchase health insurance for my wife and our child (both J-2) (for just my wife and child, as I will be insured via school's own insurance). However, whenever I try to purchase insurance for my wife (J-2), I got the options as shown in the screenshot below. My wife will not be in J-1 status and those listed options with "Meets J1 Visa Requirements" labels make me a little confused. Am I doing something wrong?

insubuy
09-30-2016, 03:40 PM
Thank you for contacting Insubuy. The J1 visa requirements also apply to someone on a J2 visa. This is stating the deductible amounts selected will meet the standard J1/J2 visa requirements. You may purchase this plan for your wife and child. If you have any additional questions please let us know.

submittedviaemail
09-30-2016, 03:42 PM
Hi again,

Thanks for the swift response.

If I select the state properly, may I safely assume that the insurance I will be purchasing will meet the federal and state J1/J2 health insurance requirements?

insubuy
09-30-2016, 03:42 PM
Yes, the Atlas plan will meet the requirements. If you have any additional questions please let us know.