PDA

View Full Version : J1/J2 visitor health insurance

submittedviaemail
09-30-2016, 03:23 PM
I am really interested in purchasing visitor health insurance from your company. I come from Thailand and host a visiting fellow position at Cornell University, Ithaca. My appointment begins since May 1, 2016 to August 1, 2016.

My Thai friend and your former client has highly recommended me to purchase insurance coverage from your company. She informed me that your rate is approximately $ 235.77 (premium package). As such, I would like to purchase this reasonable package from your company. But my case may be different because I want to buy insurance for my wife as well. So, there are totally 2 persons for this case.

Please kindly let me know how to purchase your insurance. We can also visit your office in Ithaca.

Your assistance in this matter will be highly appreciated.

insubuy
09-30-2016, 03:24 PM
Thank you for contacting Insubuy for your insurance needs. Please provide the name of the plan that you are interested in purchasing so that we can properly determine eligibility for coverage.

Also if you would provide the dates of coverage that would be needed as well as your visa status we can make a better determination.

submittedviaemail
09-30-2016, 03:25 PM
Thank you very much for your message. Cornell University policy mandate that all exchange visitor or J-1 visa holders and their dependents (J 2) must have health and accident insurance in order to participate in Cornell's Exchange Visitor Program.

Minimum level of insurance coverage for J 1 visa holders required

1. medical benefits of at least $ 100000 per accident or illness
2. repatriation of remains in the amount of $ 25000
3. expenses associated with the medical evacuation to home country in the amount of $ 50000
4. a deductible not to exceed $ 500 per accident or illness

As I and my wife are J 1 and J 2 visa holder respectively, we are required to purchase coverage in accordance with mentioned requirements. Cornell University suggested me to purchase insurance locally for ensuring my lawful status as a visiting fellow.

In my visa, the issue date is 3 May 2016 and the expiration date is 1 August 2016. For DS-2019, issues by Cornell, my date appointment is from 1 May 2016 until 1 August 2016. However, I entered to the United States on 11 May 2016. In this matter, I wish to have the dates of coverage from 1 May 2016 until 1 August 2016. Moreover, I may have a plan to fly back to Thailand after 1 August 2016 and aim to extend my stay until 1 September. So, I am not sure which dates of coverage would be applicable for my case. So, it would be useful to have your advice for my planning.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. Looking forwards to seeing your kind reply.

insubuy
09-30-2016, 03:26 PM
We have many insurance products that meets standard J1/J2 visa requirements. Are you already in NY. If yes then we can start the coverage as early as tomorrow.

You can purchase Patriot Exchange plan.
Patriot Exchange brochure, instant purchase link,
https://www.insubuy.com/patriot-exchange-program-insurance/

You can find many plans for J1/J2 visa holders at,
https://www.insubuy.com/j1-visa-health-insurance/-insurance/

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.