PDA

View Full Version : J1 Insurance Questions

submittedviaemail
09-28-2016, 04:09 PM
I just bought health insurance from you for my J1 visa but in the PDF I received from you says this:
This insurance coverage, offered by Tokio Marine
HCC through HCC Medical Insurance Services,
does not meet the minimum standards required
by the health care reform law

Im a bit confused by this, does this mean the plan isnt enough for a J1 visa If so what do I need to do Thanks

insubuy
09-28-2016, 04:09 PM
Do you need insurance that meets Standard J1 visa requirements or minimum standard by Health care reform law.

Atlas America plan that you have purchased meets Standard J1 visa requirements but it’s not compliant with health care reform.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

submittedviaemail
09-28-2016, 04:10 PM
Thank you for the information but I'm still unclear as to whether or not that means I must upgrade my current insurance to meet the new reform laws or if it's ok as is.
For example, had I taken the Patriot Exchange Program Insurance would that be compliant with current health care reform ?
Sorry about the questions I'm just a bit confused as to what this all means.

insubuy
09-28-2016, 04:10 PM
The healthcare reform laws are different than the standard J1/J2 requirements. The plans we offer meet the standard J1/J2 requirements but not the healthcare reform law (ACA) plans which would be domestic plans. This would apply to you if your sponsor is requiring you to purchase that type of plan. If you need additional assistance please feel free to contact our office.