View Full Version : J1/J2 Question

09-27-2016, 01:49 PM
I am applying for a j1 visa and my wife for a j2.

What is the cheapest option for myself and her?

Can I do a traveler insurance that meets the criteria?

09-27-2016, 01:50 PM
Thank you for contacting Insubuy for your insurance needs. Please send any requirements that your sponsoring organization may have so that a proper plan recommendation can be made to meet these requirements.

Meanwhile, you can view many plan options that are available to J1/ J2 exchange visitors. You can use the link listed below to review these plans.

J1/J2 Exchange Visitor Insurance:

09-27-2016, 01:58 PM
the requirements are:
1. medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness;
2. repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000;
3. expenses associated with medical evacuation from the United States to the participant’s home country in the amount of $50,000; and
4. a deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.
The insurance policy must also be underwritten by an insurance corporation having an A.M. Best rating of A- or above, a Fitch Ratings, Inc. rating
of “A-“ or above; a Moody’s Investor Services rating of “A3” or above, a Standard & Poor’s Claims-paying Ability rating of A- or above, or a Weiss
Research, Inc. rating of B+ or above OR be backed by the full faith and credit of the government of the exchange visitor’s home country. For full details
please reference the Code of Federal Regulations (22 CFR Part 62).

And a signed form stating:
I hereby certify that: (1) the above person has obtained a health and accident insurance policy covering their dependents and (2) the coverage meets or
exceeds the requirements listed in 22 CFR Part 62 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (above).

In addition, If I (j1 holder) has insurance already, how does it affect my spouse (j2)?

09-27-2016, 01:58 PM
Thank you for your interest in purchasing insurance through us.

We have many plans that meets J1 visa requirements. You can purchase Patriot Exchange Program plan with $100,000 coverage. There is also a fixed coverage plan called Inbound USA that will meet your Universities requirements. Please review the plans listed below.

Patriot Exchange Program brochure, & instant purchase link:

Inbound USA brochure & instant purchase link:

You can other plans for J1 visa at,

Please enter appropriate criteria. You will find many plans and you can also compare them side by side. If you have any further questions feel free to contact us.

With either of these plans listed the J2 visa holder is able to enroll without the J1 bring on the policy.