PDA

View Full Version : J1 and J2 health insurance

submittedviaemail
09-26-2016, 02:50 PM
Myself, (33 year age) will come to USA in June 2016 with my wife (30 year) and child (2 years) as visiting scholar for 1 year. My visa type is J1 and my family members are of J2 type. I will come to Ohio State University for 1 year visiting scholar program. Now, as per rule of U S Department of State (DOS), certain level of health insurance coverage for all J-1 scholars and J-2 dependents are required. That means that all J-1 scholars and J-2 dependents hosted at The Ohio State University are required by law to have health insurance that meets DOS requirements.
By going through the your website I have seen some insurance for me (J 1) and my wife and child (J 2 visa type) like ATLAS AMERICA ($ 1858/year), PATRIOT EXCHANGE PROGRAM (($ 2441/year) etc. My query is that this insurances are meeting the DOS requirement or not for J1 and J2 dependent visas?

J1/J2 visa insurance requirements
• Each J visa holder must purchase insurance that meets the following minimum requirements:
• Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness
• Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000
• Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of the exchange visitor to his or her home country in the amount of $50,000
• A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.

Please also tell me these insurance companies will sign the compliance form or not?

insubuy
09-26-2016, 02:50 PM
Thank you for your interest in purchasing insurance through us.

Yes, both plans you have mentioned meet the J1/J2 requirements set by the DOS and will sign the compliance form.

If you need additional assistance please feel free to contact our office.