PDA

View Full Version : J1 visitor insurance needed

submittedviaemail
09-23-2016, 06:22 PM
Good afternoon, I am an incoming J 1 student to the Northwestern university in Chicago. their requirements are these: Northwestern University insurance requirements To qualify for a waiver, supplied health insurance must, at a minimum, meet the following requirements: Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness Coverage for repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000 (does not apply to B1 visa holders) $50,000 for expenses associated with medical evacuation Deductible not to exceed $250 per accident or illness Co-insurance provision can be no greater than 25% Out-of-pocket expenses not to exceed $2,000 per year Pre-existing conditions must be covered (no exclusions, no waiting period) Mental health Shall not unreasonably exclude coverage for perils inherent to the activities of the program in which the exchange visitor participates Must include inpatient and outpatient coverage for both sickness and accident Will cover at least 80% of usual and customary charges in the Chicago area Shall provide benefits for prescription drugs, and pregnancy. I understood that no short term insurance offers pre-existing conditions coverage. The university offers an insurance for 45$ per week, but I obviously would like to spend less. Do you know if there is any solution? Thank you very much

insubuy
09-23-2016, 06:38 PM
Thank you for your interest in purchasing insurance through us. The plans we offer do have a waiting period for pre-existing conditions so would not meet the requirements as listed. You would have to purchase the plan through your sponsor to meet their requirements. If you need additional assistance please feel free to contact our office.