PDA

View Full Version : J2 dependent visitor insurance

submittedviaemail
09-23-2016, 03:25 PM
Hi INSUBUY,

I came to US last October 2015 through Cultural vistas(Visa sponsor) as J-1 visa holder. I'm working as Intern/ training in my host company in Fairfax Virginia. My company have take care of my insurance.

Now I'm planned to bring my wife as dependent on J-2 visa through Cultural vistas. Tentative start date is 11 May 2016 and and end date is 10 October 2016. For that reason i need to bring a health insurance. please suggest the suitable health insurance for the below requirement,

These are the following requirements for Dependent Health Insurance
U.S. Federal Regulations state that all accompanying dependents that enter the United States under the sponsorship of Cultural Vistas must be
covered by health and accident insurance for the entire duration of the training program. The minimum requirements for insurance are:
1. medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness;
2. repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000;
3. expenses associated with medical evacuation from the United States to the participant’s home country in the amount of $50,000; and
4. a deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.
The insurance policy must also be underwritten by an insurance corporation having an A.M. Best rating of A- or above, a Fitch Ratings, Inc. rating
of “A-“ or above; a Moody’s Investor Services rating of “A3” or above, a Standard & Poor’s Claims-paying Ability rating of A- or above, or a Weiss
Research, Inc. rating of B+ or above OR be backed by the full faith and credit of the government of the exchange visitor’s home country. For full details
please reference the Code of Federal Regulations (22 CFR Part 62).

insubuy
09-23-2016, 03:25 PM
How old is your wife? Please provide her age in order for us to send quote.

submittedviaemail
09-23-2016, 03:26 PM
She is 28 years old. Her date of birth is 18 March 1988.

insubuy
09-23-2016, 03:27 PM
Thank you for your quick response. Insurance quote has been sent to you. Please check your e-mail.

submittedviaemail
09-23-2016, 03:28 PM
I reviewed the the coverage plans, Please confirm all the plans are to meet the my Visa sponsor (Cultural Vistas) requirements. please suggest which one is best option because i don't know about the insurance.
Also please let me know the amount shown in the each coverage is for the total staying period.

insubuy
09-23-2016, 03:28 PM
Yes. All of those plan meets your school requirements. I would suggest to go for any comprehensive plan. Either Atlas America or Patriot Exchange.

Next to each plan there is check box. You can check the box and compare the plans side by side. You can do quick comparison or detailed comparison.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

submittedviaemail
09-23-2016, 03:29 PM
Please confirm amount shown in the each coverage is for the total staying period. For example i will choose Atlas America, the amount is 264.69 that is for the total period or per month.

insubuy
09-23-2016, 03:30 PM
That is total cost for 153 days. Below the quote it says total 153 days.

Please let us know if you need any further clarification.