View Full Version : J1 visitor insurance needed

09-22-2016, 03:30 PM
Seeking insurance companies for J1 teachers...

09-22-2016, 03:30 PM

Thank you for your interest in purchasing insurance through us.

Do you have any requirements that need to be met by your sponsor? If so, please provide those requirements in a PDF attachment and then we can recommend a plan to meet the requirements. If you need additional assistance please feel free to contact our office.

09-22-2016, 03:31 PM

I am part of a committee that will be submitting an application to the State Department for Sponsorship of J1Visas for exchange teachers and students studying abroad. Participants will be responsible for purchasing their own insurance. However, as part of the application requirement, I must provide proof of my insurance company agreement. Through my research,I have read a lot of good reviews from your company. If I select your company, what attractive package deal can you supply us with from day 1 of their arrival?

Requirements: Insurance [22 CFR 62.14]
Each exchange visitor and accompanying spouse/dependent is required to have insurance in effect that covers them for sickness and accidents during the period of participation in the program. Provide information on how your organization will comply with the Exchange Visitor Program medical insurance regulations [22 CFR 62.14], which include the following:
• At least $100,000 per person per accident/illness
• $25,000 for repatriation coverage
• $50,000 for medical evacuation coverage
• A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident/illness
Additionally, confirm that the insurance company to be used by your organization meets the requisite rating, as stated at 22 CFR 62.14(c).
If your organization is insuring the participants, provide a copy of the policy and/or brochure, including exclusions and the rating of the policy.

09-22-2016, 03:32 PM
Thank you for your interest in purchasing insurance through us.

We have several plans that meet the requirements as listed. You can purchase Inbound USA – Fixed coverage plan or Patriot Exchange- Comprehensive coverage.

Patriot Exchange Program brochure & instant purchase link:

Inbound USA brochure & instant purchase link:

You can also find more plans at,

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

09-22-2016, 03:33 PM
Thanks. Are the companies through you or do I call them directly. Confused.

I need to work with a designated agent to get started.

09-22-2016, 03:34 PM

We are the broker/agent for all the plans. Once you have decided on a plan you can purchase through the links we have provided or you can call our office and we can assist you over the phone.